PDA

View Full Version : Postpartum Belly Binder/Hip Compression Belts

ryanmom
04-29-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm 30 weeks pregnant with my second. After my first, I had mommy tummy for a long time (in fact, I got pregnant with my second when my first was 10 and 1/2 months so I have no idea how long it would have taken to go away). I've heard about "belly binders" and hip compression belts and was wondering if anyone has tried them and can speak to their efficacy. I realize that it won't give me the six pack that I never had but I'm wondering if it will help with things... If so, does anyone have any recommendations???

Dream
04-29-2011, 11:32 AM
I would love to know too, didn't even know it was available. This time around I've been very lucky, I'm already back at my pre preg weight and fits into the cloths from pre preg. But I could always use some help loosing mommy stomach from DD1 which I never got rid of.

scooba's wife
04-29-2011, 07:00 PM
My mother and all the women in my family and all their friends swore by a "girdle." They constantly harped on me to wear them after all my pregnancies for weeks on end. My BFF and I think it's made a huge impact on our figures (of course healthy eating during and post pregnancy and working out have a lot to do with it too)

The best one I've used is the the Cinch. I love it! http://www.byanew.com/

luckytwenty
04-29-2011, 08:18 PM
I used the Belly Bandit. It was my third baby and I was back in shape MUCH faster than the other two times. Not just with weight loss but with postpartum poochiness.

elbenn
04-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Can you use this any time postpartum or do you need to start using this right away for it to work?

DebbieJ
04-29-2011, 11:35 PM
Just be very very very careful if you have a c-section. My incision site actually got infected from using one of these.