PDA

View Full Version : Should have done this all year!

KrisM
04-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Over the years, I've tried housecleaners 3 times. I always end up quitting because I found it too stressful to have the whole house decluttered all at once so it could get cleaned. Plus, we were often home and then I had to keep the kids out of the way.

Last week, DD's preschool had a Mother's Day program and I put DS2 in the MDO room that was opened for siblings that day. He LOVED it. Loved it. Wanted to go back every time we took DD to school. So, yesterday, I put both DD and DS2 in there for 2.5 hours! I came home and got the entrie upstairs cleaned and organized. Well, except part of my bedroom.

They had such a good time, they've asked to go back next week. So, they are.

Since DS1's birthday party is tomorrow, my house is getting cleaned tonight. Next week, I plan on having 2 hours of ME time! I don't know what I'll do yet.

My plan is to continue to do this at least twice a month over the summer just to keep up on the house while all the kids are home. DS1 is too old for it, but he's easy to keep out of the way if I'm cleaning.

It is only $10/kid for the whole 2.5 hours. So, at twice a month, I'll pay $40 and have a clean house. I wish I had started that in Januray.

firemama
04-29-2011, 09:29 PM
That sounds like a great plan! One time you should treat yourself to a pedicure or uninterrupted coffee run. Have fun! :boogie:

WatchingThemGrow
04-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Just something to consider....twice a month I pay $60 and get to leave the house to play with the DC elsewhere (for 3 hrs) and come back to a clean kitchen, bathrooms, and floors. (And I didn't have to actually DO any of it, be tired for the rest of the day, etc.) For me, I decided I'd rather be out having fun with them somewhere (usually) and not scrubbing. It costs a wee bit more, though...

KrisM
04-30-2011, 06:44 AM
Just something to consider....twice a month I pay $60 and get to leave the house to play with the DC elsewhere (for 3 hrs) and come back to a clean kitchen, bathrooms, and floors. (And I didn't have to actually DO any of it, be tired for the rest of the day, etc.) For me, I decided I'd rather be out having fun with them somewhere (usually) and not scrubbing. It costs a wee bit more, though...

I just found that the day before I was spending all my time deculttering so I wasn't paying them to clear the papers off the counter and to pick up books and toys in their bedrooms. I tried to keep up with it, and was better, but I just can't seem to keep the house completely neat all the time. It's mostly nice, but not enough for cleaners. I'd much rather not scrub, too. But, at least things are getting clean!

And, everypone charged $80-100 for my house compared to the $20 I am paying for MDO. For now it works :). And, in the fall, DD goes to all day kindy and DS2 goes to preschool 3 half days a week, so I'm planning on using part of that time to clean and run errands anyway. I just need to get to September!

WatchingThemGrow
04-30-2011, 07:07 AM
Oh, I forget that not everyone's house is the size of a mousecage! Def. a better value if they charge that much! One day, my people will all be "enrolled" and I can DIY as well! Good for you in making a plan that works!!!