PDA

View Full Version : If you have a HRM -- review?

hillview
05-01-2011, 06:45 AM
I am considering getting a HRM to better understand how I burn off calories. I'd like to use it when I am out doing my bootcamp or doing my walk/running. Also would it be effective (no chest strap) when I am running around with the kids?

Anyone have one and care to provide some feedback?

TIA!
/hillary

westgre
05-01-2011, 09:16 AM
I recently got the New Balance N4. So far it seems accurate. I've not tried it without the chest strap, though. I was deciding between this one and the Polar ft4, mainly due to finances. I know this is terribly superficial, but I thought the Polar was ugly. I got the New Balance in black. It's very petite and I could see myself wearing it outside of the gym, whereas I would never wear the Polar out anywhere else.

wellyes
05-01-2011, 10:02 AM
I have the kind with no chest strap at all. It is effective as a HRM and as a watch; if you want to just see your heart rate and amount of exertion (really useful in spin class), it's great. I'd invest more if I wanted to do serious calorie tracking.

elbenn
05-01-2011, 12:03 PM
I have the kind with no chest strap at all. It is effective as a HRM and as a watch; if you want to just see your heart rate and amount of exertion (really useful in spin class), it's great. I'd invest more if I wanted to do serious calorie tracking.

Is it similar to this one? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YDOO2K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER Are there any cheaper versions that are good?

westgre
05-01-2011, 11:02 PM
The N4 was about $70 at Target.

cchavez
05-02-2011, 12:34 PM
The N4 in pearl (white) is 40.00 at costco!!!

BigDog
05-02-2011, 01:47 PM
The N4 in pearl (white) is 40.00 at costco!!!

Was this in the store? I looked on the website but couldn't find it.

I have a very old (10 yrs at least) Polar A5 heart rate monitor. Works well for what I use it for, but I'd love one without the chest strap. For $40 I'd bite the bullet if it's decent enough.

cchavez
05-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I bought in the store and could not find it on the site. hth