PDA

View Full Version : DHS gameplan

mamica
05-01-2011, 07:32 PM
We'll be doing DHS for 1 day during a trip in May. It opens at 9 that day, and we have 10:15 breakfast res at Hollywood & Vine. Assuming it's a high traffic day, will we have time for anything before we eat? What is your suggested game plan for us for the day (we have a 3 and 5 year old). Thanks for your help!

cono0507
05-01-2011, 07:38 PM
If you are interested in having the 5 yr old do Jedi Training, you'd need to go there as soon as the park opens to get into one of the sessions for that day. You might have time to ride Toy Story and then grab a fast pass for Toy Story before hitting breakfast at H&V. We loved the H&V breakfast - great character interaction. Have fun! :)

DebbieJ
05-01-2011, 07:44 PM
If you are interested in having the 5 yr old do Jedi Training, you'd need to go there as soon as the park opens to get into one of the sessions for that day. You might have time to ride Toy Story and then grab a fast pass for Toy Story before hitting breakfast at H&V. We loved the H&V breakfast - great character interaction. Have fun! :)
:yeahthat:

And DO NOT waste your time on Narnia.

mamica
05-01-2011, 08:23 PM

Not planning on Jedi, but was hoping to get on TS 1st. I guess we'll just head straight there right after rope drop. Was thinking B&theB maybe after breakfast. Is it possible to get showtimes in advance, and if yes how far in advance?

What else would be a must see for this age group?

DebbieJ
05-01-2011, 08:28 PM
If you plan on staying all night and you want to wait for it, Fantasmic is AWESOME!!!!!

bnme
05-01-2011, 08:47 PM
parade times
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/mayfw11.cfm
park hours
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/may11.cfm?requesttimeout=1000

Raidra
05-01-2011, 10:16 PM
My kids all liked the Disney Junior show. In fact, it was the only show that my 5 year old didn't hate.

They also liked the 'characterpalooza' in the Animation building starting around 4:50pm. That's where random characters come out for meet 'n' greets, some characters you probably won't get a chance to meet anywhere else.

We didn't do that much at DHS because Jedi Academy took up so much time. We had really wanted to do the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground but never got around to it. Definitely go to Toy Story Mania right at rope drop.

georgiegirl
05-05-2011, 04:19 PM
We were there today at rope drop. I took the kids to sign up for Jedi training academy. Dh got fast passes for tot story. Kids played in the honey I shruunk the kids playground, while dh rode towers of terror. Met for 10:30 Disney junior show. Kids loved it. Then Jedi training academy, toy story mania, then dh and I took turns on rock n roll roller coaster. Then little mermaid show, then great movie ride. We were out of there at 2:30. DS needed to nap and DD wanted to swim.

klwa
05-05-2011, 06:54 PM
http://wdwent.com/

Good spot to get all of the upcoming show times, etc. for each of the parks. Just click on the park name up at the top & you'll see what's in the times guide for the current week. Things may change slightly for the next week, but should be pretty similar. It gives B&TB showings as 11:30am, 12:45, 2:00, 4:00 & 5:45pm, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday also 7:00pm

kbud
05-07-2011, 12:28 AM
We'll be doing DHS for 1 day during a trip in May. It opens at 9 that day, and we have 10:15 breakfast res at Hollywood & Vine. Assuming it's a high traffic day, will we have time for anything before we eat? What is your suggested game plan for us for the day (we have a 3 and 5 year old). Thanks for your help!

Are you only doing HS? If so, why did you choose it? There is not a whole lot for a 3 and 5 year old there. I mean you'll have fun but I think you'll get much more bang for your buck at one of the other parks. If I had one day only and kids that age HS would be my last choice. Just a thought.

mamica
05-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Are you only doing HS? If so, why did you choose it? There is not a whole lot for a 3 and 5 year old there. I mean you'll have fun but I think you'll get much more bang for your buck at one of the other parks. If I had one day only and kids that age HS would be my last choice. Just a thought.

No, we have 3 days at the parks: MK, AK, & HS. Might do 2 days at MK, but we thought HS for sure because of characters. I agree that a good portion of the park won't be relevant for us, but we're ok with that even if we might not get a full day there.

alien_host
05-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Not sure if you are there or have gone already, but the Disney Jr. show is very good for that age group (be aware that you do sit on the floor - not great for older folks ;)).

I feel like DHS gets a bad rap...it is one of my favorite parks really. This year DD (6) loved the Muppets in 3D.

Definitely by pass the characters at RD....go straight for TSM. We got out of TSM by 9:30 and grabbed a fast pass for later. The characters at the Hat are good. Last week they had 4 meetings 9, 9:25, 10:25 and 11:25. You can maybe hit 2 or 3 stations before the lines close.

They had Minnie (alone). Tigger/Eeyore, Pooh/Piglet, Chip/Dale, Goofy/Pluto and Donald/Daisy. The pairs really help. We did Pooh/Piglet first and then DH got in line for Tigger/Eeyore while we finished up. We did not get to a 3rd station though, all lines were closed. This was at 10:25.

The Animation Building was good too...very little wait for Mickey when we went in the afternoon - maybe 15 minutes. They also had the Incredibles when we were there. I felt bad for Frozone, after we finished seeing him there was no one there to meet with him! Stars of Disney Jr meet by the Disney Jr. show (Handy Manny, Little Einsteins - we saw the 4 little Einsteins and HM very quickly).

ETA: since you mentioned characters....they also have Monsters Inc near the Studio Backlot Tour and Toy Story Friends at Pixar Place. We didn't get to do these two b/c of time.

We also like the parade....you get to see a lot of characters go by.

mamica
05-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the tips! We're going in late May, so very soon! Appreciate the character advice....but what is RD?

alien_host
05-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the tips! We're going in late May, so very soon! Appreciate the character advice....but what is RD?

Sorry RD is Rope Drop or when they let you in the park :) They actually have ropes up that you stand behind...there are a bunch of characters at opening at DHS - right by the Sorcerer's Hat. If you want to get to Toy Story Mania, try and by pass it all (they will be back later on).

MSWR0319
05-16-2011, 07:46 AM
When we went a few weeks ago, we were there at rope drop and went straight to TSM. The CM's lead you there you go on e right for FP and the left for riding the ride. I was not at the front (but very close) and had to stop while DH got DS our of the stroller and we walked right on to TSM. It took awhile to wind through the line but we never stopped and had to wait, except for maybe a minute for the next car to load. It was great! The ay we were there, everyone was wanting to FP it first.