PDA

View Full Version : I have to post about my awesome score!

bisous
05-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I just bought a RN 80SL for $179!!

I went into a BRU specifically to try out the RN in my car, not wanting to buy one online without making sure that it fit! When I went in there, there weren't any available on the shelves at all. I asked the technician about it and he was completely unfamiliar with the car seat at all. I asked him to check with other local stores and he did so--with no luck. As he was walking back to tell me this, however, he just happens to spot a return on the clearance shelf. It was a RN 80SL! When scanned it came up to $299.

After trying it both RF and FF in my car (fit great BTW), I took it back into the store, intending fully to order the cheaper version the 65 from one of the many sites I've seen it on sale. The sales associate (who carried the whole thing and helped install) wondered if I'd be interested in buying. I told him (frankly) my concern about paying more than $100 extra if I were to buy it right then and there and then those wonderful clerks at BRU started to work their magic!

They told me they'd give me 25% off for a "floor model" (since it was opened--by me!). And they also sprung a 20% off coupon. That brought the total to $179 and with tax to $199!

I'm so excited! I REALLY like this seat. You all are NOT KIDDING when you say this thing is narrow! It will be great for us! Thankfully, I remember Jools tip about using the recline feature of my older CRV to help get a nice tight install. It literally only took me a few minutes to get a nice tight fit FF and RF was no problem either!

Joolsplus2
05-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Sweeeeeet!

Shanynn
05-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Congrats! That's an amaaaaazing deal!