PDA

View Full Version : C25k?

hillview
05-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Can someone give me the low down? I am doing bootcamp and need some cardio... how does it work especially if you cannot do it every day. How long do you need each day?
Thanks!
/hillary

WolfpackMom
05-02-2011, 08:33 PM
No need to do it everyday, it's a 3 day a week program you could do it more days if you wanted but don't have to. I'm on my phone or else I would link you to our C25K support thread...you should join!

artvandalay
05-03-2011, 09:36 AM
It's meant to be done 3x per week, you're actually not supposed to do it back to back/daily. I was trying to do it every other day but I've had a little calf injury holding me back this week. It's a 9 week program that should have you running around 30 minutes straight/3 miles (5K) by the end.

Oh you can download podcasts and they will tell you when to walk/when to run.... I use the Chubby Jones podcasts. Also if you have a smart phone there are apps.

Coolrunning.com has all the c25k info.... including the actual program intervals.

I have to get the kiddos ready for school but join our support group in MommyFit. I"m on week 4... it's going great. The support group is really fun.