PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Target Keens Newport knockoffs?

Twoboos
05-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Any feedback on these?

Here they are, Chero Florine Water Shoe:

http://www.target.com/Chero-Florine-Water-Shoe-Pink/dp/B004EVUY6G/ref=br_1_8?ie=UTF8&id=Chero%20Florine%20Water%20Shoe%20Pink&node=13941301&searchSize=30&searchView=grid5&searchPage=1&sr=1-8&qid=1304391521&rh=&searchBinNameList=style_name%2Ctarget_com_shoe_siz e-bin%2Clifestyle-bin%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=salesrank&frombrowse=1

blue
05-03-2011, 02:39 PM
I just bought a similar pair at target for DS here (http://www.target.com/Toddler-Cherokee-Dallas-Hiker-Sandal/dp/B0041GO4S8/ref=br_1_12?ie=UTF8&id=Toddler%20Cherokee%20Dallas%20Hiker%20Sandal&node=13936321&searchSize=90&searchView=grid3&searchPage=1&sr=1-12&qid=1304446821&rh=&searchBinNameList=target_com_category-bin%2Cstyle_name%2Ctarget_com_shoe_size-bin%2Clifestyle-bin%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=salesrank&frombrowse=1#communityReviews). I have only owned them for a week, so I can't review how well they hold up. My initial impressions are good. The sandals fit on DS's chubby wide feet (half the battle for me). Also they are a little big on him in the toes (he is between toddler sizes 5 and 6 and I bought the 6). I was surprised to discover that he can run REALLY well in them with out tripping, considering they are to big for him (normally he falls a lot when shoes are to big). The soles are flexible enough for him to not trip all the time too.

The same day I bought the target sandals for DS, I also checked out some Keens in his size at another store. IMO, yes, the keens are more flexible, yes the keens have a softer foot bed. However, I went with the target ones and so far I am happy I did. I do not expect these to hold up as well as the keens (from what I have heard, but I have no first hand knowledge), but I don't need them to, because we have short summers and I doubt DS will be in the same size sandal next summer anyway.

Hope my rambling helped some, bottom line I like the sandals so far and think/hope they will work well this summer for the park, playground, etc.

sjfin
05-17-2011, 01:45 PM
I just purchased a pair for my daughter! I will let you know how they hold up.