PDA

View Full Version : Friggin' neighbor

glbb35
05-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Ok, I get that you don't have any original ideas of your own. I swear you copy everything we do here. But painting your shutters and door the exact same thing as ours is ridiculous! We live right across the street from each other. Couldn't you have done something different? I am afraid to plant flowers as you might go out and plant the same ones and in the same place. While it is nice that you are keeping up your home, because we are, I have to say making your house so identical to ours is getting on my nerves.

Get some ideas of your own!!!!

Tired of doing all the thinking...

DebbieJ
05-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Oh, that would totally annoy me!!!!

firemama
05-03-2011, 04:48 PM
That would totally annoy me. Just to be snarky, paint your shutters a crazy color right away (if it's not too much of a hassle). That would throw them off!

Carrots
05-03-2011, 05:01 PM
tired of doing all the thinking...

:rotflmao:

Melanie
05-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Bizarre. I wanted to paint my door blue but my neighbors had just done the same - so I didn't b/c I didn't want them to think I was copying them. LOL. I can't imagine doing it on purpose.

hellokitty
05-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Yeah, that's really annoying that they have no sense of originality. The, "good" thing is that they must really like your sense of taste to copy what you do (so I guess you should be somewhat flattered, lol), and at least they are trying to keep up their property. It's better than having neighbors that let their property get all run down.

vejemom
05-05-2011, 02:32 PM
things like these make me glad we rent a house on a 300 acre farm. I can't really see the neighbors without binoculars. when we lived in town we had a neighbor like that. He even bought the same car as hubby did!

SkyrMommy
05-05-2011, 02:55 PM
How weird! I think you should go out and get some of the oddest and most wacko color annuals for planting this year and see what they do. :rotflmao:

SammyeGail
05-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Ummm, that would be very annoying and its just weird. Do they not have the sense to know houses close to each other aren't supposed to have the same colored shutters/door? Well, a standard door color I could see, but shutters?

Add some white polka-dots to your blue shutters and door, lol. See what they do....you can always paint your blue back over them ;). Plaid might be a unique look. Don't know if anyone remembers when Tom Green has that show on MTV, his parents went out of town and he painted their house plaid, lol!

MamaMolly
05-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Double dog dare you to plant some impatiens in an old toilet you set up in a flower bed. Double dog dare you.

Or put your car up on blocks in the drive way.

Or start hanging your Christmas lights.

Double dog dare you.

artvandalay
05-06-2011, 04:17 PM
This post totally reminds me of a book that we have.. Mr. Pine's Purple House

http://www.amazon.com/Pines-Purple-House-Leonard-Kessler/dp/1930900325/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1304712972&sr=1-1

karstmama
05-06-2011, 04:46 PM
is their last name jones by any chance?

i miss those stories.

mypa
05-06-2011, 07:59 PM
I had the same thing happen here. The neighbors across the street sent their painters to come over and ask what color we painted our house. I said no!

firemama
05-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Double dog dare you to plant some impatiens in an old toilet you set up in a flower bed. Double dog dare you.

Or put your car up on blocks in the drive way.

Or start hanging your Christmas lights.

Double dog dare you.

I triple dog dare you!!!

DebbieJ
05-06-2011, 10:22 PM
I had the same thing happen here. The neighbors across the street sent their painters to come over and ask what color we painted our house. I said no!

No way!!!! :47:

glbb35
05-07-2011, 08:19 PM
In a funny twist, we added a front porch to our home as the front door gets to be like 160 degrees in the afternoon sun. That is one thing copy neighbor already have although it is super small. Anyway today we get a letter from the HOA association today that handles the HOA stuff and it said that "a neighbor" had complained that we put up this porch (totally matches the front of the house, doesn't look like an addition and everyone has complemented it and the fact that we did do it as the front door is not useable at all in the summer as it gets too hot) and that we probably did not get approval for it. Anyway we get this letter that says we did not get prior approval and some neighbor had complained. Why we don't know. Just jealous I guess. I wonder if they made a complaint as well against the neighbor who keeps copying us? So of course we aren't going to not finish the front porch. And we did get approval. The board approved it along with 2 other things in the back yard we did back in Nov. Ten bucks said they did not go back and re-read their original approval form. See, we were so good we got our immediate neighbors approvals, we sent in pictures etc. and filled out all the forms and of course the board approved the changes. So there is nothing like giving the ole finger to nosy neighbor and saying up yours jerk off we did what we were suppose to do!!!

Can't wait till Monday to make the call and fax in the approval form to the HOA! And I should say stupid neighbor instead of just nosy as someone approached our contractor and asked him about who he was and the job he was doing. So I will ask contractor to point out where this neighbor walked over from Monday as well. Then I will wait till they make the slightest mistake and ram it down their throats! Fun, fun, fun. It has to be either the neighbor who is old as the hills and has no kids. This neighborhood is full of kids. Or the neighbor whose teen age driver has been such a menace to the entire street. It will be fun finding out. :) It never ends...