PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Zooble fans ;)

calv
05-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Look what McD's has! Enjoy. Not sure how long they're out for

http://www.happymeal.com/en_US/standalone.html?s=GirlIntro&bs=GirlToys&bgc=%23000000&swfW=772&ID=&swf=/en_US/swf3/sections/toys/girlintro/intro.swf&swfH=450#GirlIntro

And they're huge compared to the original zoobles. Roughly 2x as big. :D SUPER cute too!

Melaine
05-05-2011, 08:26 AM
I saw these! really nice for a kids' meal toy!

ETA: I think this belongs in bargain alert, where it started.

calv
05-05-2011, 11:49 AM
I saw these! really nice for a kids' meal toy!

ETA: I think this belongs in bargain alert, where it started.

I agree, for the price you can't go wrong. honestly I called a few McD's and went to the one that had all 8 zoobles. So cute! Thanks Mel, I tried posting on the bargains post but they moved me

stefani
05-05-2011, 12:45 PM
They are so cute! Can I buy them without buying the Happy Meals? Can I buy them outsides of McD?

calv
05-07-2011, 06:57 AM
yes you can just buy the toys alone w/out the meal, that's what I did. And ebay is pretty much the only place to buy them outside of McD's

stefani
05-08-2011, 12:30 PM
How much does it cost when you just buy the toy without the Happy Meal?
TIA.

urquie
05-08-2011, 01:56 PM
How much does it cost when you just buy the toy without the Happy Meal?
TIA.

:yeahthat: i'd love to know too! for comparison's sake, does anyone know how much a hapy meals costs?

lalasmama
05-08-2011, 05:01 PM
In the past, just the toy at McD is $1.50 or so, locally. No idea if it varies per area. On Tuesdays, we have $2 hamburger happy meals. Day to day, they are $3.xx.

urquie
05-09-2011, 12:50 PM
In the past, just the toy at McD is $1.50 or so, locally. No idea if it varies per area. On Tuesdays, we have $2 hamburger happy meals. Day to day, they are $3.xx.

thanks!

Melaine
05-09-2011, 01:06 PM

We have cheap happy meal day too, but I was really annoyed when I went and was told they have a different "special" (meaning cheaper and not gender-specific) toy for the "special" happy meals! Argh. That day I went just for the toy, too!

stefani
05-09-2011, 06:02 PM

Thank you! I just got a Happy Meal with an extra toy :-) I have never been more excited about Happy Meal's toys until this! And... I have a boy, I want the Zoobles for me! :o

The toy without the meal is $1.50, and the meal is $3.50 here, today.

HIU8
05-09-2011, 06:07 PM
How do you find out about cheap happy meal day? DS eats a mighty kids meal so I normally pay $5 for his. DD is eating only a regular happy meal. Does it vary by location or is it something that the franchises have to do?

calv
05-11-2011, 06:14 PM
mighty meal? didn't know there was such a thing OR that cheaper happy meal deals existed. Must investigate! ;)

so has anyone purchased the zoobles? aren't they cute? kids play w/them daily!! about time they came out w/the bakugan girl version. I remember loving transformers as a little girl!

KrisM
05-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Locally, just the toy is $.99. we bought an extra yesterday.

stefani
05-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Locally, just the toy is $.99. we bought an extra yesterday.

Wow, Kris, you are lucky! I need to find #2 and #3, but the nearest McD only has #5 and #6. I don't want to go with DS either as I am sure he would want to get the Happy Meals but with Batman :-) I want the Zoobles. :hysterical:

KrisM
05-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Wow, Kris, you are lucky! I need to find #2 and #3, but the nearest McD only has #5 and #6. I don't want to go with DS either as I am sure he would want to get the Happy Meals but with Batman :-) I want the Zoobles. :hysterical:

The one yesterday had many of Rocky, which I think is #3. DD picked him in 2 colors. It'd cost you a bit more overall, but I'm happy to mail them to you, if you want.

alien_host
05-12-2011, 04:41 PM
DD loves Zoobles. We got Penny #7 in two colors yesterday. Today I stopped for a coffee and got Pandama #6 for $1.49 without the food. I wonder if I've totally missed 1-5?

stefani
05-12-2011, 07:31 PM
DD loves Zoobles. We got Penny #7 in two colors yesterday. Today I stopped for a coffee and got Pandama #6 for $1.49 without the food. I wonder if I've totally missed 1-5?

It varies by location. The one by my house only has #5 and #6, the one further away has at least #2 and #3. So just go to different locations to get different ones. There are 8 altogether, but each one comes in 3 different colors. Check out happymeal.com.

The one yesterday had many of Rocky, which I think is #3. DD picked him in 2 colors. It'd cost you a bit more overall, but I'm happy to mail them to you, if you want.

Thanks Kris! I got Costello (#2) and #3 (Rocky) from another McD already. Now I want the bright colored ones! DH thinks I am funny :hysterical:

alien_host
05-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Anyone want to trade? I have #6 pandama and #7 penny sealed in bags, I can check the colors tomorrow. I need #1 (name?) and #2 Costello to finish our set.

inmypjs
05-28-2011, 12:00 AM
We got one of these toys last month, and I went today with the intent of buying a few more only to find the happy meals toys have changed! Darn. If anyone has any duplicates or any they want to sell, please pm me.

bubbaray
05-28-2011, 09:29 AM
And ebay is pretty much the only place to buy them outside of McD's

They are sold everywhere here -- TRU, Walmart, etc. The McD's ones seem to be a bit larger than the ones we've got that came in a set.

Looks like TRU in the US has them. http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=zoobles&origkw=zoobles&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

alien_host
05-30-2011, 02:44 PM
They are sold everywhere here -- TRU, Walmart, etc. The McD's ones seem to be a bit larger than the ones we've got that came in a set.

Looks like TRU in the US has them. http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=zoobles&origkw=zoobles&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

I think maybe the poster was referring to the McD version of Zoobles. Although at $1.49 or $1.99 for McD version, I'd almost rather buy the original Zooble. I found them at Target for $3.99 each and I think the original ones are better (with the magnet that causes them to pop up) than the McD version.