PDA

View Full Version : A bitching post and then an anti-bitching post.

Carrots
05-03-2011, 04:45 PM
The Bitch:
First, we had beautiful plans drawn by an architect for a 2nd floor renovation creating a master suite for DH and I. The architect knew our budget from the very beginning, but the quotes for what he drew have come back 2 and 1/2 times the budget we discussed. At this point, we may as well look for a new house. I feel cheated. We thought the drawings were within our budget, and fell in love. What the he!! was the point of spending all that time and $ for drawings to have them blow up in our face?

The Anti-bitch:
As I was pouting this morning feeling bad for myself about having my "dream master suite" snatched away, I got a call from one of my friends. Another friend's husband had been rushed to a major hospital for brain surgery last night. He had been in a medically induced coma due to an infection from a ruptured abcess. His prognosis is unknown.

The Moral:
The addition to the house is now just a stupid detail in my mind. It doesn't even matter. I am lucky enough to have two wonderful children a great husband, fun dog, and adorable little house (that we are bursting out of.... but who cares).

I know first hand how delicate life is.... I have literally held it in my arms and said goodbye.... but sometimes I forget. I feel humbled when I am reminded how quickly things can change.

P&PT for my friend and her husband and children.

firemama
05-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Wow, life can be pretty unexpected like that. I'm sorry for both of your issues. Positive thoughts coming your way. I hope he is okay. :grouphug: