PDA

View Full Version : why can't men multitask?

kedss
05-05-2011, 12:59 PM
at least mine can't- in the few minutes when I'm not nursing I can do like 10 different things in the time it takes him to wash one dish! agh ;)

(I know, at least he does dishes)

WatchingThemGrow
05-05-2011, 01:09 PM
Oh, I understand your frustration! DH takes an hour to clean up the kitchen after dinner, but when he was working out in the yard (b/c I made him) I was able to clean up the kitchen in like 12 minutes. He must just play on his ipod forever while he's "washing the dishes."

veronica
05-05-2011, 01:10 PM
I feel your pain......DH came home early once, specifically to ask me what I wanted from the grocery store, so he could make me happy. I told him three things I wanted...............and he came home with:

NONE

kedss
05-05-2011, 01:13 PM
i know, I send mine out for milk and toilet paper, and he comes home with 3 or 4 bags of stuff!

momm
05-05-2011, 03:30 PM
i know, I send mine out for milk and toilet paper, and he comes home with 3 or 4 bags of stuff!

... and no milk or toilet paper...

happymom
05-05-2011, 03:59 PM
LOl this just came up last night. DH and I were cleaning up the house (we had the house appraised today and were under a lot of pressure to get it perfectly spotless last night) and my father stopped by. I continued cleaning up as I chatted with my father. DH on the other hand, couldnt seem to clean and talk at the same time! I kept saying- "Multitask, DH, Multitask!!" His response? " I am multitasking! I'm thinking, standing, and talking all at once!" LOL. But seriously, he CANNOT multitask, no matter how hard he tries. Its very limiting!

BabbyO
05-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Seriously...I think they need to work with lists...ACTUALLY written down lists. Once I figured this out life got MUCH easier. I don't get as frustrated, he doesn't get as frustrated.

He said to me once that when I ask him to do multiple things at once he becomes totally overwhelmed and can't think straight. If I ask him to do the same things by writing a quick list...he'll get all of them done in a reasonable amount of time because he can see what he has to do. I don't get it, but it works. (I've even seen him take the recycling out at the same time that he takes the garbage out...then grab the shoes stacked up just inside of the garage door on his way back in and put them away).

longtallsally05
05-06-2011, 11:26 AM
at least mine can't- in the few minutes when I'm not nursing I can do like 10 different things in the time it takes him to wash one dish! agh ;)

(I know, at least he does dishes)

I don't get it either. At my house it usually goes like this: I'm washing dishes and DH is doing something else in the kitchen. I speak to DH and he stops what he's doing, comes over to talk and stands there looking at me while I'm working. Like I need supervision or something. Wrong. I need somebody who can do more than one thing at a time, for crying out loud. Get on the stick!

TwoBees
05-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Because men have two heads but think with one, while women have one head but think with two?

DebbieJ
05-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Isn't it frustrating?

BabbyO
05-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Because men have two heads but think with one, while women have one head but think with two?

I love this! Incidentally I was discussing this thread with DH. He flat out told me he can't multi-task...but lists keep him on task and organized so he gets things done fairly quickly.

I'll admit that I multi-task SO much that sometimes it slows me from getting the important things done. There has to be a happy medium...

StantonHyde
05-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Because their brain literally are not wired that way. I read a great book called something like The Female Brain and it addressed this specifically. They just don't have the neurons we do!