PDA

View Full Version : c25k question for those who WOTH

mm123
05-05-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm thinking of starting c25k, but am trying to figure out how to fit in the two runs during the week (weekends aren't a problem). I'd be doing the running outside, since we don't have a treadmill.

For those of you who WOTH and have done c25k, when did you do your running? Did you wake up extra early? (For me it would have to be around 5:30 am- yikes!). Or, do you do it after dinner/bedtime? For me, that would be around 7:30ish, but I'm usually pretty exhausted by then.

Just curious what has worked best for you all.

artvandalay
05-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Well, I'm a SAHM but I thought I'd hit you up with a couple of ideas.

Could you run at lunch? My husband runs along the lakefront during his lunchtime, then showers at his office (they have a shower). Or, do you have a gym near your work that you could go to at lunchtime?

As far as getting up really early vs. doing it at the end of the day, I think that depends on whether you are a morning person or a night person. If I had to chose between the two, I'd probably choose morning because I'd be afraid I'd be tired at the end of the day and not want to do it.

Wouldn't it be pretty dark to run so early in the morning, though?

If you're able to start c25k, join our support group. All the cool kids are doing it.

hillview
05-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Ok I am SO not a morning person. I've been doing a 6 am bootcamp 3x a week and it is honestly the best idea. Any other time (lunch/after work) I just bag it because there are like 100 other demands on my time.
/hillary

azazela
05-28-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm thinking of starting c25k, but am trying to figure out how to fit in the two runs during the week (weekends aren't a problem). I'd be doing the running outside, since we don't have a treadmill.

For those of you who WOTH and have done c25k, when did you do your running? Did you wake up extra early? (For me it would have to be around 5:30 am- yikes!). Or, do you do it after dinner/bedtime? For me, that would be around 7:30ish, but I'm usually pretty exhausted by then.

Just curious what has worked best for you all.

I run after the baby goes to sleep while the hubby plays with the older one. It ends up being at 7pm or so. In the summer I plan to run in the mornings. I already get up a 4am on weekdays to exercise (Jillian Michaels videos) but can't run that early because it's still dark out. I'll be off for the summer and plan to run in the mornings before hubby leaves for work as I imagine it would be cooler then.

pb&j
05-28-2011, 01:52 PM
I either wake up really early, or I run at lunch. My gym is close to my office, so I can run on the treadmill and shower.

If it's dark when I get up, I wear my headlamp, reflective vest, and reflective bracelets/anklets. Where I live the roads are pretty quiet before 7am, and the neighborhoods all have sidewalks.