PDA

View Full Version : &%$^*&@ Nosy People (a little long, sorry)

BabyBearsMom
05-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Dear Coworkers,

My new title is going to be "It is none of your frakking business." Just because I decline your offer of a soda does not mean I am pregnant. Do not pat my (not at all pregnant) tummy, give me a wink and say "Ohhhhhh, I see what is going on here. Can't wait for 9 more months." I actually just don't drink soda, ever. If you had noticed in the past two years I have worked here, I have never drank soda. And you are so observant at the moment, I am shocked that you haven't noticed this in the past.

Just because I ate a salad for lunch and did not eat a piece of cake at the birthday this afternoon does not give you an invitation to ask if I am on a diet or how much weight I have loss. While I am on Weight Watchers, it is none of your frakking business if I am on a diet or how much weight I have lost on said diet. And then don't say "well you can cheat a little bit and have a little cake." The cake is covered in strawberries, I am allergic to strawberries, I politely declined the cake, I do not need to give you my entire medical history to get out of having a piece of frakking cake. Then when I finally get sick of you forcing the cake into my hand and I say "no really, I am allergic to strawberries" do not then begin to grill me on what happens when I have strawberries. Will you deem my allergic reaction too feeble to actually warrant declining the cake? "No, I'm sorry, if it is just hives, you still need to eat. You can only get out of it if you go into anaphalactic (spelling?) shock." How my body chooses to react to strawberries is none of your frakking business.

Are we all clear now?

Thank you,
Me

arivecchi
05-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Where do you work? The CIA? :wink2: What is up with the interrogations!

Those kind of questions are so over the line! Geesh.

BabyBearsMom
05-05-2011, 04:43 PM
I work with a lot of elderly people and they have no boundaries. Its like I am Samantha in Sixteen Candles and the grandmother exclaims "Look, Fred! She's gotten her boobies!" and then gropes her. I feel like my inappropriate grandma is visiting every day of the week. No one has groped me...yet.

TwinFoxes
05-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Wow, I can't believe someone patted your tummy!! I think I would have snapped.

BabyMine
05-05-2011, 07:44 PM
I work with a lot of elderly people and they have no boundaries. Its like I am Samantha in Sixteen Candles and the grandmother exclaims "Look, Fred! She's gotten her boobies!" and then gropes her. I feel like my inappropriate grandma is visiting every day of the week. No one has groped me...yet.

Well, I guess the upside is no one tried to grab your boobies.
:hug: I'm sorry for the busy bodies.

truly scrumptious
05-05-2011, 08:04 PM

Oh no! I feel your pain. My grandmother came to visit right after DD was born and as soon as she walked in she patted my (VERY tender, still needing 4 ibuprofen every few hours) abdomen and asked if my uterus was back to normal yet. She has lately been calling to ask if my stiches have healed - I respond that I don't know because I can't see them. ;)
Hope your coworkers learn to give you some space.

DebbieJ
05-05-2011, 08:09 PM
sounds like my mother. Which is why I avoid her as much as possible.

Sorry you coworkers are idiots.

Melanie
05-05-2011, 08:19 PM
OMG. First I was outraged, and then I read your update and I'm giggling.

But I am sorry. :hug:

hillview
05-05-2011, 09:23 PM
I feel like you need to make up exciting things to tell them about to keep their interest and then blog about it!
/hillary

golightly1118
05-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Nosy people suck. And it seems like once you've been pregnant, anything even remotely resembling pregnancy symptoms becomes fair game for comment. Like a couple of weeks ago when I had wicked heartburn and posted a comment on FB, only to have a dozen comments along the lines of 'anything you need to tell us/is number 2 in the oven'?

MontrealMum
05-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Wow, that is just awful! I am so sorry that you had to put up with that. I might have become physically violent with the cake if it was around when people were patting my non-pregnant stomach :D

BabyBearsMom
05-06-2011, 09:12 AM
I feel like you need to make up exciting things to tell them about to keep their interest and then blog about it!
/hillary

:hysterical: I love it. My office is kind of like a weird small town where everyone knows everyone else's business and DH and I always talk about what a funny tv show it would make.