PDA

View Full Version : Does everyone else hate Wonder Pets?

ha98ed14
05-06-2011, 12:02 PM
DD just discovered it on Netflix. She loves it. OMG. Shoot me NOW!

elephantmeg
05-06-2011, 12:11 PM
I have a love hate relationship with it. The kids love it and will watch it without whining. But really. The phone, the phone is ring-ing. I find myself singing it at work when the phone rings-which it does a million times. Ugh

DebbieJ
05-06-2011, 12:14 PM
I think it's cute.

lizzywednesday
05-06-2011, 12:15 PM
"Hate" is a bit strong.

I find it to be fairly creepy because of the "cutout" type of animation.

And, recently, Nick Jr. broadcast 'Wonder Pets Save the Cow!' ... which features a tornado. This was shortly after the line of tornadoes ripped through the South which gave me pause.

Green_Tea
05-06-2011, 12:17 PM
I can't stand Wonder Pets. Super annoying. And that damn duck needs a speech consult.

cvanbrunt
05-06-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm right there with you. I lied to the girls and told them stuff on netflix went away after it was watched once.

Cam&Clay
05-06-2011, 12:30 PM
I hate it with a passion that burns deep within me, although I do like it more than Max & Ruby.

JoyNChrist
05-06-2011, 12:33 PM
"And Ming Ming too!"

Eh, they're annoying, but I can handle them. The only one that I absolutely cannot stand to have on TV is Yo Gabba Gabba.

MamaMolly
05-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Doesn't bother me, though when we moved it was one of the 5 DVDs Lula had, so by the time our stuff arrived 4 months later I frequently caught myself singing the ENTIRE episode. While out in public...:bag

hillview
05-06-2011, 12:38 PM
"Hate" is a bit strong.

I find it to be fairly creepy because of the "cutout" type of animation.

And, recently, Nick Jr. broadcast 'Wonder Pets Save the Cow!' ... which features a tornado. This was shortly after the line of tornadoes ripped through the South which gave me pause.

OMG I had that SAME reaction -- saw it last week. NUTS. Clearly programming manager was NOT paying attention.
/hillary

egoldber
05-06-2011, 12:50 PM
No, not really. Younger DD had a Wonder Pet themed third birthday, but she's basically outgrown it. :)

One of our household fav expressions, "This is SEWIOUS!" :ROTFLMAO:

rlu
05-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Nope, I loved it. I would sing along while DS laughed his head off. The songs are coming back to me now and I'll be singing them in my head during our all-hands meeting that is coming up shortly.

lmh2402
05-06-2011, 01:26 PM
i think they're cute

but i loathe yo-gaba-gaba

and the fresh beat band makes my skin crawl a bit too

lhafer
05-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Don't mind it. Anything is better than Yo Gabba Gabba.

MontrealMum
05-06-2011, 01:30 PM
The singing drives me batty but DS loves the show so I put up with them.

MomToOne
05-06-2011, 01:31 PM
I hate it with a passion that burns deep within me,

I'm at the point where I just do not allow DD to watch it. And she knows why. Cannot stand it. I rush to shut it before that intro song comes on otherwise it will be in my head for the rest of the evening.

twowhat?
05-06-2011, 01:31 PM
It's OK. Not my choice.

But - I LOVE Yo Gabba Gabba!!

AnnieW625
05-06-2011, 01:58 PM
It's OK. Not my choice.

:yeahthat: DD1 loved it between 3 and 4, she'll occaisionally watch it now, but it's not the first thing she turns on. The episodes with Ollie the Rabbit are quite sad because Ollie is truly being ignored by his parents because there are other siblings in the family.

I do get truly annoyed with Special Agent Oso though and DD1 knows my distate for that show. Come on kids aren't that stupid IMHO.

Cam&Clay
05-06-2011, 02:17 PM
I'm at the point where I just do not allow DD to watch it. And she knows why. Cannot stand it. I rush to shut it before that intro song comes on otherwise it will be in my head for the rest of the evening.

Yep. In our house, DS2 has been told that they don't show Max & Ruby anymore.

Minnifer
05-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Like PPs have mentioned, the stupid "phone is ringing" song gets stuck in my head too, and I don't know why they'd want to have a lisping character for little ones to imitate. But, overall, I find it pretty innocuous, esp compared to other shows (like Dora, which I can't STAND!) which always seem to have something a bit scary or disturbing in the name of making the show seem "dramatic."

daisymommy
05-06-2011, 02:27 PM
I adore them :shy:

Along with Little Bear. I still have my black and white books from my childhood that my mom used to read to me each night.

arivecchi
05-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Don't mind it. Anything is better than Yo Gabba Gabba.:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

I think the Yo Gabba Gabba writers write the show while on drugs. It's nuts.

zag95
05-06-2011, 03:15 PM
I used to find Wonder pets weird- but after watching it with DD, I don't think its too bad. I like that the other animals help rescue different characters (builds empathy) and as far as Ming-Ming having a speech impediment, I think it shows that not everyone is perfect (and DD can relate because she's in speech too.)

One show I don't have her watch is Sponge Bob- We don't do Yo Gabba Gabba, and I agree that the Fresh Beat Band is weird- it's like a bunch of mid 20 yr olds pretending they are teens.......

luli13
05-06-2011, 03:25 PM
It's OK. Not my choice.

I love Yo Gabba Gabba too! I love the bands that play the Super Music Friends Show :) But Super Martian Robot Girl is kinda annoying.

karstmama
05-06-2011, 03:36 PM
sorry, love LOVE wonderpets! like backyardigans. sorta like yo gabba gabba, though my mother hates them.

hate max & ruby.

maydaymommy
05-06-2011, 03:57 PM
sorry, love LOVE wonderpets! like backyardigans. sorta like yo gabba gabba, though my mother hates them.

hate max & ruby.

Yup. Love those Wonderpets. They're so stinkin' cute!

Max and Ruby - gag me. That Ruby is so smug and condescending.

citymama
05-06-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm a big fan of the Wonder Pets although I hate most preschooler shows. I especially love "Save the Beetles", the Elvis/hound dog episode, the Frank Sinatra/Rat Pack and Jazz Cat episodes. Very creative and the art is so much better than most of the mindless kids shows.

jenfromnj
05-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Not a fan of the Pets. I love Anthony Bourdain's take on that show (and the other Nick Jr shows):

http://blog.travelchannel.com/anthony-bourdain/read/for-parents-only/

pinay
05-06-2011, 04:20 PM
I used to HATE the Wonder Pets b/c the animation creeped me out, but they've grown on me over time. We often sing, 'What's gonna work? TEAMWORK!' with DD and it can motivate her to be more cooperative, so I'll give them credit :) The songs do get stuck in my head for far too long though!!!

MamaMolly
05-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Don't mind it. Anything is better than Yo Gabba Gabba.

I must beg to differ. While I'm NOT a fan of YGG, I have to ask: Have you seen Lazy Town? Now THAT is a creep show. Yuck. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it. Even worse than YGG.

MamaMolly
05-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Why do the characters on Dora all scream? Why can't they talk in normal volume voices?

twowhat?
05-06-2011, 04:23 PM
I love Yo Gabba Gabba too! I love the bands that play the Super Music Friends Show :) But Super Martian Robot Girl is kinda annoying.

That's my favorite part. There's some seriously good music there (and in other parts of the show). And ITA that Super Martian Robot Girl is annoying. I love the Jack Black episode - LOVE it. The music - everything!! And my girls love the Dance-y Dances!

eta: I will admit, the FIRST time I watched it I thought the producers must have been smoking something. But after watching a whole episode all the way through, it really grew on me.

JamiMac
05-06-2011, 04:30 PM
No, I think they are cute. Yo Gabba Gabba drives me nuts!

janine
05-06-2011, 04:37 PM
It's all relative - but to me, Fresh Beat Band wins the most annoying award! How old are those "kids", 35?:banghead:

janine
05-06-2011, 04:38 PM
I must beg to differ. While I'm NOT a fan of YGG, I have to ask: Have you seen Lazy Town? Now THAT is a creep show. Yuck. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it. Even worse than YGG.

i did catch lazytown once - tramautized me, why is it on a baby channel?

AnnieW625
05-06-2011, 04:40 PM
But Super Martian Robot Girl is kinda annoying.

and the girl that plays the recorder with her nose. Worst trick ever. Weird Al, and Jack Black need to have be permanent guests on the show.:thumbups: I would also seriously love it if Biz Markie just started singing Just a Friend for his beat of the day.

karstmama
05-06-2011, 04:42 PM
my bf uses the 'what's gonna work? TEAMWORK!' song in meetings. yeah, he works for the federal gubment...

cucaw30
05-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Not a fan of the Pets. I love Anthony Bourdain's take on that show (and the other Nick Jr shows):

http://blog.travelchannel.com/anthony-bourdain/read/for-parents-only/

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

happi
05-06-2011, 04:51 PM
I tell you the one that I REALLY DON'T like right now is the upside down show and of course my boy loves it. Those people have to be high when they make these kind of shows!

dcmom2b3
05-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Sorry, I love them -- the Rat Pack, the Skunk Rocker, Fiddler Crab on the Roof -- make me giggle. And our school dropoff comfort song was stolen from the "Baby blowfish goes to preschool" episode.

JoyNChrist
05-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Why do the characters on Dora all scream? Why can't they talk in normal volume voices?

Diego too. That really annoys me.

And I can't stand Kai-lan's voice either.

I would really be perfectly happy if we could just watch Backyardigans 24/7.

MamaMolly
05-06-2011, 06:54 PM
I tell you the one that I REALLY DON'T like right now is the upside down show and of course my boy loves it. Those people have to be high when they make these kind of shows!

Oh I must have blocked that one out. Hate it with the heat of 1,000 suns.

elizabethkott
05-06-2011, 07:42 PM
I HATE Diego and Dora. JUST. SHUT. UP.
Max and Ruby? GAAAAAAAAAH!
WonderPets... the songs get stuck in my head, but that's my only complaint.
Fresh Beat Band is a little creepy, but J will sing and dance with them, so they're ok by me.
LOVE Little Bear. It's like the best form of tv prozac for J. He'll sit still for his nebulizer with that show. LOVE LITTLE BEAR.
But my burning hatred is reserved for that stupid, whiney, jack@ss of a four year old, Cailou.
I actually want to bludgeon a cartoon. I didn't think it possible, but there it is.
Even J knows he's not allowed to watch the show.
"Mommy, the show that makes me whine is on."
HATE HATE HATE HATE Cailou.

infomama
05-06-2011, 08:30 PM
I think it's cute.
:yeahthat:

sewarsh
05-06-2011, 09:10 PM
I like the show.
I find the music great!

Did anyone see the Beatles one. it was great!

sewarsh
05-06-2011, 09:12 PM
But my burning hatred is reserved for that stupid, whiney, jack@ss of a four year old, Cailou.
I actually want to bludgeon a cartoon. I didn't think it possible, but there it is.
Even J knows he's not allowed to watch the show.
"Mommy, the show that makes me whine is on."
HATE HATE HATE HATE Cailou.

SAME HERE!!
My kids totally know they aren't allowed to watch Cailou because it makes them whine and I hate that Rosy talks in the 1st person.

TOTALLY WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!

ZeeBaby
05-06-2011, 09:15 PM
"And Ming Ming too!"

Eh, they're annoying, but I can handle them. The only one that I absolutely cannot stand to have on TV is Yo Gabba Gabba.

Totally agree with this and what are the Bubble Guppies??? Those are worse ever!

cheri
05-06-2011, 09:28 PM
I love the Wonder Pets. Of course, I don't have to watch it all the time, but I think the songs are so much fun.

Max and Ruby on the other hand, ARRRGGHHH.

WolfpackMom
05-06-2011, 10:23 PM
DS is too little but I dont mind Wonder Pets at all, my nephew likes them, I think its cute. DN also likes Backyardigans and I am a fan.

Yo Gabba Gabba I love! Not the story lines, but the music. If I could skip all dialouge and just watch super music friends show and the music thats set to cartoons I could play that show in the background while I work.

DS is a fan of Jacks Big Music show (for his 5 min attention span), since were talking about stuff typically on Nick/Sprout. So I sometimes employ that on DVR when desperate.

Ive only seen ads for Fresh Beat but just the ads make me cringe and mute - the flattest, most awful autotuned sounding terrible singing. I dont understand att.all. how the producers would say hmm this singing sounds good enough to put on tv.

In the past when I was a nanny the most annoying shows ever to me were Dora, Diego, Little Bear, Franklin, and Caillou. Dora and Diego are too loud and the others are too sappy sweet for me.

catsnkid
05-06-2011, 10:26 PM
The wonders was the first kids' show I can't stand. Just the fact it is so repetitive- every show is essentially the same and the songs are grating. Yo Gabba Gabba is mildy entertaining. dora and diego are also annoying. I like Max & ruby but I always liked the books used to read them to my little brother. I like Olivia, sid the science kid, backyardigans.

StantonHyde
05-07-2011, 12:05 AM
And that damn duck needs a speech consult.

OMG yes!!!! That's what drove me nuts about Baby Bear on Sesame Street!!

(this from a mom of 1 kid who stutters some and one who lisps)

SnuggleBuggles
05-07-2011, 09:54 AM
I love them. :)

Beth

liamsmom
05-07-2011, 11:34 AM
I can't stand the Wonder Pets. I feel like the entire thing--from the original idea to a finished episode--took about 15 minutes to make. And they're laughing all the way to the bank.

I agree with other posters about Little Bear. I love it! I was really sick the other day and while I was lying on the couch waiting for my mother to come over and take DS, I watched it with him. It's a great show and really captures the essence of the books.

GvilleGirl
05-07-2011, 12:54 PM
I get the pleasure of watching shows that never seemed to get more than a few episodes before getting pulled. I have seen EVERY Oswald and Jack. I really wished they made more Jack's as my DD loves to dance around to that one and isn't in zombie mode. I have to through in some Yo Gabba just to get a variety every now and then.

dogmom
05-07-2011, 02:03 PM
They have replaced Dora as things I hate most in Kids TV.

blisstwins
05-20-2011, 04:40 AM
I can't stand the Wonder Pets. I feel like the entire thing--from the original idea to a finished episode--took about 15 minutes to make. And they're laughing all the way to the bank.

Awwww... I actually toured LIttle Airplane STudio where they make it in NYC and it is something. The animation process is very time consuming and they compose and record all the music there with real musicians, which is pretty unique for a cartoon these days. My kids love WonderPets still.

kmm
05-20-2011, 10:40 AM
I can't stand Yo Gabba Gabba!!! Wonder Pets don't bother me nearly as much and our 2 year old loves to do anything to help people so she can sing "What's gonna work? Teamwork!" I'm just thankful our daughter doesn't sit still long enough to want to watch cartoons!