PDA

View Full Version : my babysitter was late

elektra
05-06-2011, 12:30 PM
I asked my nanny/sitter to come an hour early today because I had an early meeting where I had to present. She completely forgot.
Poor DS had to hang out alone in his crib until she got here. Luckily he was singing instead of crying. And DD was really good too- she watched TV all morning.
I'm still pissed though.
Also, I asked DH if he could stay and he was like, "nope, I have a meeting" and blew out the door.
It just sucks that it's always on me.
Yes, I work from home and I was able to wing it, and nobody knew my predicament. My company is awesome about working from home but they expect you to have your **** together, which I didn't this morning.

weech
05-06-2011, 12:34 PM
I would be p*ssed too. This has happened to us a couple of times with our nanny, and we don't work at home!

hillview
05-06-2011, 12:38 PM
That sucks. I feel your pain.
/hillary

arivecchi
05-06-2011, 12:43 PM
I would have a total sit-down with her and let her know that if you get fired she will get fired too. Time for a reality check.

lmh2402
05-06-2011, 01:49 PM
that sucks. go you (and kiddos) for pulling it all off, but agree that a very direct talk in order with the sitter

bubbaray
05-06-2011, 02:03 PM
That sucks.

And, FYI, you are not alone in having a DH that just blows off the issue. My DH drives me crazy on this very issue.

Glad it worked out in the end.

♥ms.pacman♥
05-06-2011, 02:11 PM
oh that totally sucks, i am so sorry.as arivecchi said i'd def talk to your sitter about it and explain how important it is for her to be on time. hopefuly it just a one time thing that won't happen again

and that sucks that your DH just blew you off like that.

niccig
05-06-2011, 04:28 PM
and that sucks that your DH just blew you off like that.

:yeahthat: DH tried to put something on me this week - I had to go to an earlier class so I could go to DS's mother's day lunch at his school. DH had to be at work early and was complaining about how inconvenient it was to have to get DS to school earlier and on his own. I made it clear that the inconvenience is his work that gives no notice...DS and my commitments were on the calendar for over a month.

Glad DS and DD cooperated -but I agree with telling the sitter that you getting fired because she doesn't turn up to work, means she has no job. I would also send her a text reminder if you need her at a different time than normal.

glbb35
05-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Feel your pain! Our sitter who works only on Monday and Friday as that is the days we are the busiest kept missing for "sick days". I got to sick of it we gave her an ultimatum. How hard is it to come to work? What are you 5? No you are a college graduate in a medical program that makes you go to school/work two days a week and apparently that is difficult. I swear. must be nice. We finally hear back from her after more than a week with no word and come to find out she sends us an email saying she just can't work for us anymore as she needs a job that is flexible so when she doesn't want to come to work she doesn't have to. anyone ever heard of this job? If so I want it! She needs to be paid she says even if she has sick days. DH and looked at each other and laughed. The sad thing was the kids really liked her and she never said good-bye to them. We got someone else new lately and she is fantastic. I see so many of these "college, grad school adults" who have no clue what the real world is out there. So many do have a good idea and a good work ethic but so many do not. The world is going to be very difficult for them in the future. Good luck and good riddance lazy sitter!

TwinFoxes
05-07-2011, 09:08 PM
That really sucks. No excuse except "I forgot?". LAME!

I would have a total sit-down with her and let her know that if you get fired she will get fired too. Time for a reality check.

Very good point.