PDA

View Full Version : booster seat reco (not for car...for eating at table)

lmh2402
05-06-2011, 09:29 PM
my parents have the fisher price highchair that straps to a kitchen chair and it has been great

but DS is really ready to sit at the table. we offered to pick up a tripp trap (off CL or someplace) to keep at their house, but they want something much smaller, which i understand.

any suggestions for a booster seat?

thanks

lhafer
05-06-2011, 09:33 PM
I have a Fisher Price Healthy seat booster for my 5 year old (she's petite and still sits in it). She's been in it since around 2 years old. We both LOVE it! Easy to clean, is very portable, folds up more compact so you can store it or take it to a restaurant with you, and the legs are height adjustable (make sure you get that model - there are some that don't have height adjustments).

Actually because my DD1 is still using hers - I will have to buy another one for my DD2 soon.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Deluxe-Booster-White/dp/B001GQ2RWQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1304731893&sr=8-4

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3553506

lmh2402
05-06-2011, 09:41 PM
thank you! so this works well to pull up the table, without a tray? all the images show kids using it with the tray...

thanks again!

sanja973
05-06-2011, 09:46 PM
We have this one
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Booster-Green/dp/B004C43JJ4/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1304732080&sr=1-2

We used it both ways (with/without) tray and works well.

DrSally
05-06-2011, 09:47 PM
After the FP booster, DS and DD moved to a cooshie seat.

lhafer
05-06-2011, 09:53 PM
thank you! so this works well to pull up the table, without a tray? all the images show kids using it with the tray...

thanks again!

I find it works great! I have normal sized table and chairs, and it fits just fine. My chairs don't push all the way under the table to due the table legs - not the booster seat.

lhafer
05-06-2011, 09:56 PM
After the FP booster, DS and DD moved to a cooshie seat.

Ha! We just bought Cooshie seats last weekend! My daughters use them on the floor right now.

But I think instead of buying another booster seat for DD2, I will put DD1 in the booster seat (and sell the highchair) and move the cooshie seat to the table. We have cloth seats so the cooshie seat won't affect the stain on the chair. And it fits - doesn't slide through the back.

DrSally
05-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Ha! We just bought Cooshie seats last weekend! My daughters use them on the floor right now.

But I think instead of buying another booster seat for DD2, I will put DD1 in the booster seat (and sell the highchair) and move the cooshie seat to the table. We have cloth seats so the cooshie seat won't affect the stain on the chair. And it fits - doesn't slide through the back.

Yep, that's exactly what we did, and then eventually got another cooshie for DD.

lmh2402
05-06-2011, 10:55 PM
thanks so much - especially for the photos! i really appreciate the effort :)

quick question - should i be skipping the booster and going directly to a cooshee? i think he's probably not old enough/big enough, but just checking to see if that is what you guys might be suggesting?

lhafer
05-06-2011, 11:20 PM
thanks so much - especially for the photos! i really appreciate the effort :)

quick question - should i be skipping the booster and going directly to a cooshee? i think he's probably not old enough/big enough, but just checking to see if that is what you guys might be suggesting?

Do you want the option of being able to strap him into the seat?

If so - get the FP booster.

If not - get a cooshie.

But I have to say a FP booster is $25. A cooshie seat is $40. I would personally just go with the FP booster for the price alone! We got 2 cooshie seats last weekend (DD1 is 5yrs and DD2 is 14 months). Right now DD1 is in the FP booster at the table. DD2 is in a FP highchair. And the cooshies are on the floor for playtime, activities, etc. We got 2 because I wanted to get a smaller seat for DD2 who is trying to climb on everything and I wanted a smaller seat for her to easily (and safely) be able to get into. And I knew DD1 would be jealous of it - so I'm a wimp and got 2.

But like I said - I am going to move one of the cooshies to the table, move DD2 to the booster seat and sell the highchair.

DrSally
05-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Yep, it all depends on your comfort wo/a strap. At a certain point, both DC's got uncomfortable with the "hardness" of the FP though (we also used wo/the tray when they got older), so that's why we moved to the cooshies. I got the first one off of CL for $15 and the 2nd off of babycenter on sale for $25.