PDA

View Full Version : Poll: How often do you get takeout for dinner?

mackmama
05-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Takeout = picking up dinner from a restaurant to bring home to eat (instead of cooking).

lhafer
05-06-2011, 09:57 PM
Take out - as in order and bring it home to eat it?? Or going out to eat in any respect?

mackmama
05-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Take out - as in order and bring it home to eat it?? Or going out to eat in any respect?

Ordering out and bringing it home to eat so you don't need to cook :)

kristenk
05-06-2011, 10:03 PM
We don't really do take-out, but we go out to eat way too often. I need to work on that.

KrisM
About once a month. Less than every 2-3 weeks, but more than 'less than once a month'. I'd say about once every 3-4 weeks. Not sure how to vote for that :).

And, it's pizza. Always pizza.

KrisM
We don't really do take-out, but we go out to eat way too often. I need to work on that.

Sounds like another poll :).

crl
05-06-2011, 10:06 PM
We almost never get take out for the whole family. Dh works insane hours and often gets take out for himself. And we order pizza delivered for all of us probably about once a week or maybe every other week.

Catherine

DietCokeLover
05-06-2011, 10:06 PM
I couldn't vote. We basically never do this.... Maybe once a year if that.

nellonello
05-06-2011, 10:07 PM
4-5 times a year.

KrisM
05-06-2011, 10:09 PM

Isn't that less than once a month?

WatchingThemGrow
05-06-2011, 10:11 PM
I guess we do it for 1 party a year, if that counts. We've done sandwiches once and lo mein once, both in huge quantities. Other than that...probably never. If I'm eating food cooked elsewhere, they get the pleasure of cleaning up the floors after my kids. :D

I think having TJ's easy entrees like Mandarin Chicken, having once a month cooking meals, or having easily defrostable ground beef, etc for quesadillas helps me have a quick meal ready without too much effort. We live so close to everything that it's just easier to release the DC into the house and start throwing something together than it is to park and walk them all into a place to pick up food to take back to the car.

DietCokeLover
05-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Isn't that less than once a month?

Yeah, I guess it is. I guess I was looking for a never, or hardly ever option, and spaced on that one.

amandabea
05-06-2011, 10:14 PM

:yeahthat:

jgenie
05-06-2011, 10:18 PM
We have dinner delivered once a week most weeks - maybe more if DH is away. Do you want us to include going out to eat at a restaurant in our answer or strictly eating food prepared elsewhere at home?

KrisM
05-06-2011, 10:30 PM
We live so close to everything that it's just easier to release the DC into the house and start throwing something together than it is to park and walk them all into a place to pick up food to take back to the car.

If I had to take the kids to get the food, we'd never even get pizza. DH brings it home with him from work.

JBaxter
05-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Does pizza count? We have pizza on Tuesdays Pappa Murphy's has take n bake any size any style including stuffed for $10.

ThreeofUs
05-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Waaayyy less than once a month. I'd say a couple-to-few times a year.

We eat out about the same.

bubbaray
05-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Take out pizza once a week.

Dine-in at a restaurant once a week or once every two weeks.

If I'm sick or things are just completely wonky, it could be more than that.

I'm not counting things like rotisserie chicken, though. Because that comes home in a grocery bag so it doesn't count. LOL

sweetsue98
05-06-2011, 10:39 PM
We go out to dinner about once per week and I usually have take out once every other week. Somedays the idea of cooking or just thinking about what to cook drives me nuts:ROTFLMAO::bighand:

firemama
05-06-2011, 10:46 PM
We used to eat out and get take-out a lot. Now we are eating healthier and saving money. So maybe once every few months for us.

niccig
05-06-2011, 10:49 PM

:yeahthat:
We eat out 1-2 times on the weekend. We don't eat out during the week as DH isn't always home for dinner, and DS and I get in 4 nights a week around 5.30pm - it's easier to make something than to go seat in a restaurant.

Allisonsmommy
05-06-2011, 10:53 PM
take out is usually pizza or thai food and we order or pick up once every 2 weeks (every other friday) on average. we go out to dinner around once every 2 weeks as well.

SnuggleBuggles
05-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Mis-voted. Takeout is maybe once every 2 weeks. But going out is much more.

Beth

ett
05-06-2011, 11:38 PM
We do takeout about 2-3 times a month. We eat out 1-2 times a month.

citymama
05-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Very rarely. We eat out as a family usually once a week but rarely do takeout or delivery.

mommy111
05-07-2011, 02:27 AM
You guys are so good. When we were in the US, I did takeout maybe 6 days a week?:bag In my defence, I am a single mom and the kids never or rarely got takeout, I would cook something really healthy for them at home. But I did low carb and didn't have the time and energyto cook a whole other meal for myself at the end of the day, so I'd often collapse with exhaustion after the kids were in bed and order *gasp* delivery for me.
This was, of course, when I was still making a reasonable amount of money.
And in my defence, I may not be a very healthy eater but my kids request broccoli, cabbage, lentils and fish and haven't found a veggie or fruit that they don't love.
OK, slinking off :sulkoff:

goldenpig
05-07-2011, 02:51 AM
We used to get takeout 2-3 times a week (Chinese, Japanese, Thai, pizza), but have cut back to maybe once a week to save money. We don't go out to eat with the kids very often...every time we do, we remember why we don't go out with them! :p We go out just the two of us for date night a couple times a month.

kaharris83
05-07-2011, 03:04 AM
I voted 2-3x/week but it's actually 5-7x/week-which wasn't an option. It's only DH and I eating takeout. DS isn't eating table food yet, but will be very soon and this Mama needs to learn to cook ASAP.

MoJo
05-07-2011, 06:26 AM
The whole family buying prepared food at a restaurant and eating it at home? Less than once a month. But we eat out twice a month (and we would like to eat out a lot more) and get drive through at least once a week. The drive through is because I work one day each week. Since I'm still working at the time when dinner is finished the rest of the week, everyone found it too difficult to wait for dinner when I work. So DH gets drive through with the girls on his way home . . . and then I do drive through on my way home too because otherwise there wasn't enough time in the evening and I wasn't getting any dinner at all on those days. I don't know how you full time WOHM moms do it!:bowdown:

ETA: The drive through food never makes it home, because they aren't at the drive through until normal dinner time or later, and it's another half hour drive to the house.

♥ms.pacman♥
05-07-2011, 07:14 AM
we usually do takeout on average once a week. we used to eat out another 1 or 2 x a week but now with 2 LOs it's less frequent bc it's a lot harder.

and the results from this poll make me feel soooo much better...looks like more than 50% of ppl do once a week or more. i guess i got the impression that most people on this board cooked healthy meals every day or something.

Melaine
05-07-2011, 08:06 AM
I voted once a week, but it's really less than that. And it's more often drive-through which doesn't seem the same as take-out to me.

gobadgers
05-07-2011, 08:18 AM
We do chinese or Thai takeout once every couple months. It used to be a lot more (before the kids when I had a salary too - and we lived close to some great noodle shops).

Basically instead of takeout, DH will stop at the fish counter of our grocery store about once a week on the way home. I'm blessed with kids who will reliably eat fish. It takes no time to cook and the price is a little less than takeout for us.

Gena
05-07-2011, 09:51 AM
We have pizza and Chinese food delivered. Is that fundamentally different from take-out?

We occasionally get take out from a sushi place near my office.

ilfaith
05-07-2011, 10:22 AM
We probably bring in food once ever two weeks, and go out to eat once or twice a week.

daisymommy
05-07-2011, 02:30 PM
We get delivery/carryout once a month, if that. It's just too expensive. Same goes for eating out (which also drives me batty with 3 kids).

AnnieW625
05-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I voted less than once a month. We try to limit eating out for dinner to about once a month also.

jenmcadams
05-07-2011, 06:39 PM
I voted 2-3x/week but it's actually 5-7x/week-which wasn't an option.

:bag Us too...but ours is a factor of our kids activities combined with DHs work and early bedtime making it tough to eat at home as family...

vludmilla
05-07-2011, 08:27 PM
We get chinese food take out about three times a month and we all share one large carton. We get pizza about once a month. We don't get it delivered. One of us picks it up on the way home.