PDA

View Full Version : Birthday and food question

marit
05-07-2011, 04:54 AM
If I'm hosting a birthday party for my 6 year old boy, in our back yard, from 2-4pm, do I need to serve pizza? I was thinking just snacks throughout and cake at the end, unless the kids would expect it and be disappointed.

WWYD?

Thanks!

ahrimie
05-07-2011, 05:09 AM
I would consider 2-4 a non-meal time. But if it were me, I would note that just cake and snacks or something like that would be there.

mariza
05-07-2011, 05:43 AM
But if it were me, I would note that just cake and snacks or something like that would be there.
Definitely this. I never realized people had parties and didn't serve food until very recently. Well, i guess on some level i did because of the BBB but it never happened in my social circles before. It's still a learning curve for me. DD was recently 20 minutes late for a party because I called the mom about something just as we were getting ready to leave and she just happened to throw in "you know it's just cake and juice right?". Um, no I didn't. So I made her a quick lunch and then left. That was for a 1:30 party though. Your times are better prepared for this but I would note it just to be sure. I don't know if it regional or changing times or what, but when I was growing up party always = food. I think it's ok to not have a big spread as long as people are aware.