PDA

View Full Version : Furious with DH

MamaMolly
05-07-2011, 02:19 PM
For so many, many things. But today: I was looking for the cell phone charger. He said it was in his backpack (which was open) on the floor of our bedroom. I look inside and find

BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICINE
and
METFORMIN

Yes. A pill of each sitting there. NOT in a bottle, not in a medicine pill case, NO. Just a pill of each in the backpack. Unzipped. On the floor. DId I mention we have a one year old and 4 year old?!

His response:
Oh.

Not even an OH! or Man, I'm glad you caught that before one of the kids found it. And when I held up the blood pressure pill and said
'This is dangerous. This could be a lethal dose of medicine. This could have killed Dolly' (because she happened to be standing there) he said:

yes dear.

In his best f*%#k off voice.

I.AM.FUMING.

Smillow
05-07-2011, 02:25 PM
I hear you! Two weeks ago I was doing my annual dusting (note to self - dust semi-annually:rotflmao:) & found a Percoset on a table in our foyer!? As far as I know DH has not had a prescription for this in over a year (and I don't even know if he was prescribed it then) - we have a 2 year old - his response was similar.:6:

ThreeofUs
05-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Oh, I'd be so EXTREMELY p!ssed. You have every right to be angry, and he has no business not groveling to you. ARGH.

arivecchi
05-07-2011, 04:40 PM
I would "lose" one his beloved items. Ooops honey. Thought that was trash.

mctlaw
05-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Your DH needs a thump on the head. I hope he has a wonderful Mother's Day planned for you!

larig
05-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Oh, man. I'm so sorry. To cop such an attitude over it! Big hugs. Sounds like you and several of us need to break out some twisty straws! :54:

DrSally
05-07-2011, 06:44 PM
I'd be fuming too. I've had to have talks with visitors about keeping their pills up high in the cupboard--not loose out on the counter (for gosh sakes!). A childhood friend lost his baby b/c he got into a child-proofed, capped bottle of pills in the diaper bag. It happens, but some people get so nonchalant over these things!

DrSally
05-07-2011, 06:47 PM
wrong thread

Momof3Labs
05-07-2011, 09:52 PM
I can't even begin to count how many times that has happened here. And he also thinks it is no big deal. Did I mention that he is a paramedic?

KpbS
05-08-2011, 12:27 AM
That is simply NUTS! Sorry you had to be the only grown-up in the conversation :(

firemama
05-09-2011, 02:54 PM
I would be fuming too!

essnce629
05-09-2011, 04:10 PM
This happened to me twice and DBF had a similar response. Twice I found a lone Adderall pill on the floor when DS2 was of crawling age. At the time I had no idea what kind of pill it was as I didn't even know DBF was taking Adderall. It was when he first started his law firm job and was really stressed and under a lot of pressure (the dr. prescribed him the highest dose no questions asked!!!!!) I looked the pill up online and was so freaked out (a dose that high could be lethal to an infant) that I was crying and shaking when I talked to DBF about it. I told him to never bring them in the house again and that he needed to find another non-quack doctor. The dose he was prescribed was the dose often prescribed for people with narcolepsy!!!!

Philoscript
05-10-2011, 11:49 PM
My DH is famous for allowing things that children shouldn't get into on his nightstand. The other day I found a package of Gas-X on the nightstand after I got out of the shower because my daughter came in and said "want candy." I explained it was medicine. Then, I called my DH at work and asked how many were in the packet when you left this morning? I think six was his reply. There were six in the packet so I didn't completely panic. I then proceeded to tell him he needs to stop leaving things on the nightstand. She has found loose change, paperclips, medication, etc. I am beyond irritated now. Luckily, I was in the room for most of the occasions and caught her before she either put it in her mouth or swallowed it. I try not to think if she actually swallowed something before that I didn't catch. The thought always crosses my mind. Oh, and I tried putting a gate across our room to deter her, but she's figured them out.

I completely understand what you are going through. You have my sympathy.