PDA

View Full Version : I am such a terrible cook!

arivecchi
05-07-2011, 08:17 PM
My dinner tonight was horrible! My poor kids. My poor husband. I get shivers just thinking about the meal! :barf:

TwinFoxes
05-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Well, good for you for trying! (so hoping it wasn't the crock pot recipe I suggested!)

Melaine
05-07-2011, 08:22 PM
:rotflmao: What was the meal?

I've had some doozies myself. I do not think I am a bad cook, exactly, but I do struggle with multi-tasking in the kitchen and cooking while cleaning, parenting, packing, or prepping other food. As a mom, ALL the cooking I do falls into one of those categories, so that, I assume, is why some of my dishes are less than delicious, or sometimes closer to disgusting.

I'm sure you would also be a good cook if you didn't have so much on your plate!

LMPC
05-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Oh come on...how bad could it have been? Liver and onions bad? Burned the casserole bad? Passed off eggo waffles and bacon as dinner bad? :hug: Don't be too hard on yourself....there's always tomorrow :wink2:

larig
05-07-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm sure it was better than what I made!

wellyes
05-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Hahaha I doubt it was THAT bad!

Or maybe you can get lucky and be like me and the laundry... I am truly horrifyingly awful at it, so bad that DH had to take over entirely. Everyone is better off that way!

arivecchi
05-07-2011, 08:45 PM
I am embarrassed to admit what I made. Trust me. It was bad. The kids asked for oatmeal right away instead. :bag

It was not any sort of recipe Twinfoxes! Now you understand why I need crockpot recipes.....

ThreeofUs
05-07-2011, 08:55 PM
This thread is completely useless without the details! And pictures, enquiring minds want pictures!

C'mon, we've all been there. It'll be fun, or at least cathartic!

LMPC
05-07-2011, 09:02 PM
It was not any sort of recipe Twinfoxes! Now you understand why I need crockpot recipes.....

Oooh you were freestylin' dinner! You *are* a risk taker! Trust me, DH could tell you about a few of my "concoctions" as he calls them. That's why I stick to grilled chicken and fish these days :tongue5:

elbenn
05-07-2011, 09:42 PM
I am embarrassed to admit what I made. Trust me. It was bad. The kids asked for oatmeal right away instead. :bag

You should tell us what you made for laughs!

Kymberley
05-07-2011, 10:35 PM
:hysterical: I want to know what it was! C'mon, we've all done it! Why, just last week I made a casserole for DH's AA potluck that he literally gagged over. Asparagus+hard boiled eggs+almonds (!!!)= yuck around here. Poor DS wouldn't even eat dinner after tasting one bite of that hot mess! :ROTFLMAO:

ETA: And just to clarify, I used a 5 star recipe! FOR THAT!

elektra
05-07-2011, 11:06 PM
:hysterical:

crl
05-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Oh come on. Just tell us. ;). I'll even go first. I once, early in our marriage, served pork that wasn't cooked all the way through. Fortunately we realized it before eating it and ordered pizza.

Catherine

KpbS
05-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Ok, I'll make you feel better. The total doozy that stands out in my marriage (an all time low!!) was from a cast-off cookbook from my MIL called, The Inflation Cookbook. That should have been my first warning right there. Ready for the ingredients? Tuna, potatoes, and mustard(!) in casserole form :barf::barf: It was truly disgusting.

♥ms.pacman♥
05-08-2011, 12:34 AM
hugs from me, i know the feeling all too well. you don't know how many times i feel like starting a same thread with the exact same lines! there's been many a time i spent an hour or two making something and it turned out so bad, i felt horrible.

scriptkitten
05-08-2011, 01:29 AM
It happens!

MontrealMum
05-08-2011, 01:56 AM
This thread is completely useless without the details! And pictures, enquiring minds want pictures!

:yeahthat:

It could be worse...you *could* have passed out from an oncoming cold/flu and the stress of your mom's impending visit and left your hubby and child to fend for themselves...hypothetically speaking of course :p

mommylamb
05-08-2011, 07:01 AM
See, your talents are just best used elsewhere!

DH only lets me in the kitchen if I have a specific recipe that I"m following. Last night I totally overcooked raviolis for DS and his friend. They were gross (and this is one of those throw in pot and boil recipes, but I forgot them on the stove when talking to our guests). They wouldn't eat them. Fortunately the food for the adults worked out better. I made a great gazpacho recipe-- best part-- no cooking involved, it's just chopping and mixing. It was yummy.

arivecchi
05-08-2011, 10:16 AM
We threw out the food so no pics are available.

Even the combo was nasty - chicken burgers, rice with tomato sauce and soggy veggies.

Nasty, nasty, nasty. The execution was horrible and the combo was worse!

I has stomach pains all night! :46:

mctlaw
05-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Sounds Yum:barf: ;)

LMPC
05-08-2011, 01:41 PM
See, actually, I don't think that sounds so bad. The mushy veggies might have put me off a little, but I really like rice with tomatoes!

bigpassport
05-08-2011, 06:51 PM
I would think that with a screen name like arivecchi, you should be able to make fabulous Italian food!