PDA

View Full Version : Yay for DH!

LarsMal
05-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Back around Valentine's Day I had posted a thread about having alone time- from both kids and the spouse. DH and I had a little tiff over the whole thing and I just sort of let it go. Well...I am typing this post from a very nice hotel not too far from home, where I have my own king bed to sleep in tonight! Yay DH!! I'll still have plenty of time with the kids tomorrow for MD, but tonight is mine!!!

I think DH finally started to understand my need for a night away from everyone and everything. This morning he surprised me with the print-out of my reservation. I had some time to walk around and shop by myself before one of my best friends came down for drinks and dinner. It has been so wonderful.

Of course prom is going on right now and I'm feeling super old, but that's okay!! It's fun to see all of the girls in their dresses!

SnuggleBuggles
05-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Jealous as all get out!! Enjoy!!!!

Beth

KpbS
05-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Yea! Enjoy your peace and quiet :)

dcmom2b3
05-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Awwwww! I'm so glad he did that for you (and that he's starting to use that big ole brain of his to understand where you're coming from!) Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

happymom
05-07-2011, 10:15 PM
:bighand: That is awesome! Have a wonderful, relaxing time!

boltfam
05-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Wow! Go, DH! Enjoy you night to yourself. :boogie:

KrisM
05-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Yay for your DH! How awesome that he surprised you with it!

MamaMolly
05-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Holy shnitzel Batman! He hit it out of the park on this one. I'm pea green with envy. Pea green. Please, pretty, pretty please have a wonderful time, post updates, etc. You are living my dream!!!!!!!! :popc1:

wellyes
05-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Oh man, he did a good job!
This is one of those rare times I wish my DH was a lurker on the boards so he'd know to steal this idea.

LarsMal
05-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Holy shnitzel Batman! He hit it out of the park on this one. I'm pea green with envy. Pea green. Please, pretty, pretty please have a wonderful time, post updates, etc. You are living my dream!!!!!!!! :popc1:

If your dream is sitting in a hotel lobby so you can pick up Panera's free Wifi signal whike watching a bunch of horny teenage prom kids, then I'm living it! I'm pathetic!! The rest of my night will involve reading and sleeping. Wild and crazy I tell ya!

And if DH's surprise wasn't enough, he told me not to rush home tomorrow. I'm starting to think he's going to tell me he has a work trip or something!

DrSally
05-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Ah, reading and sleeping. Yeah for DH! So glad he listened to you.

mommylamb
05-07-2011, 10:56 PM
It's nice when they listen to what you actually want, and not just what they think you want... :-)

jgenie
05-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Way to go Dh!! So, so,sooooooo jealous!!! Enjoy your peace and quiet!!!!