PDA

View Full Version : What is it about older men? **check post 8 for clarification!!

SnuggleBuggles
05-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Better looking w/ age, not older men, per se. I just watched "Van Wilder" for the 1st time tonight w/ Ryan Reynolds. Like so many male actors, he just keeps getting better looking with age. Is it just me? eta- clarified in a later post. But, in case the Ryan Reynolds things stops people from reading beyond this post I mean better looking as they age.

Beth

MamaMolly
05-07-2011, 10:37 PM
So much better now. ;) There is a tipping point. I think Sean Connery is on the other side now for example.

SnuggleBuggles
05-07-2011, 10:42 PM
That's true but even Sean Connery seemed to hang in there a long time!!

DrSally
05-07-2011, 10:53 PM
How old is Ryan Reynolds? I thought he was still fairly young, or maybe just looks young.

citymama
05-07-2011, 11:00 PM
How old is Ryan Reynolds? I thought he was still fairly young, or maybe just looks young.

I would never have thought of him as an "older man".

Raidra
05-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Totally. Same for Robert Downey Jr. He just keeps looking better and better.

DrSally
05-07-2011, 11:02 PM
I just saw a pic of George Clooney on an advertisement. So handsome!

elektra
05-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Good lord, Ryan Reynolds is considered an "older man"????

SnuggleBuggles
05-07-2011, 11:06 PM
No, no!! You misunderstand!! I meant that men get better looking with age! Oops!!

Beth

AnnieW625
05-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Good lord, Ryan Reynolds is considered an "older man"????

I was thinking the same thing! He's what maybe 34 or 35? I have thought he was cute since Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place. Now George Clooney who turned 50 yesterday is older, and I think he looked better 15 yrs. ago in his mid 30s, but I know most people here will disagree with me on that.

No, no!! You misunderstand!! I meant that men get better looking with age! Oops!!

Beth
But I have always thought he looked good:)

DrSally
05-07-2011, 11:10 PM

Beth

Ah, I see. I knew nothing of him when he was younger, so I can't speak to how he looks now compared to then. I tend to agree that a lot of men do age well.

sweetsue98
05-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Ryan is in his early 30 so I would not have considered him an "older man!" I will agree that he's gotten better with age:) George Clooney is my older man!

citymama
05-07-2011, 11:17 PM
I was thinking the same thing! He's what maybe 34 or 35? I have thought he was cute since Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place. Now George Clooney who turned 50 yesterday is older, and I think he looked better 15 yrs. ago in his mid 30s, but I know most people here will disagree with me on that.

But I have always thought he looked good:)

I agree with you re Clooney. Too grizzled these days.

Never been much of RR fan though. He just doesn't come across as particularly bright! But honestly, I haven't seen him in anything since Two Guys.

SnuggleBuggles
05-07-2011, 11:18 PM
I agree with you re Clooney. Too grizzled these days.

Never been much of RR fan though. He just doesn't come across as particularly bright! But honestly, I haven't seen him in anything since Two Guys.
You should see "The Proposal". It was a really fun romantic comedy.

Beth

Raidra
05-07-2011, 11:25 PM
You should see "The Proposal". It was a really fun romantic comedy.

Beth

Totally off topic, but when I watched that movie, there was a scene shot outside of a shop we go to semi-regularly. I was amazed, I had no idea it was shot around here. That was a fun surprise. :)

elektra
05-07-2011, 11:26 PM

Beth
Ok, I hear ya Snugglebuggles. ;)

KpbS
05-08-2011, 12:13 AM
I was thinking the same thing! He's what maybe 34 or 35? I have thought he was cute since Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place.

I didn't think anyone else watched that show! I haven't seen him since but just looked at his picture and wow--yeah, he's improved ;)

George Clooney is has still got it though, imo.