PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Prime Shipping

Raidra
05-07-2011, 11:23 PM
I ordered myself a Mother's Day gift on May 4th, from Amazon using their Prime 2-day shipping. The estimated arrival was May 6th. It's still not here, and when I checked tracking earlier this afternoon, all it said was that the shipping label had been created or whatever. Now when I go to check it (so I could copy and paste the exact wording here), it says that the tracking info is not available. When I look at tracking on Amazon's site, it says that it's left the warehouse and is in transit. With the estimated arrival still.. yesterday.

I get that I didn't actually pay for 2-day shipping and shouldn't complain, but I want my gift. :(

citymama
05-08-2011, 01:29 AM
I hope it gets the soon. You should call and complain if it doesn't.
Like you, I ordered my own MD present too. DH would find it torture and spend too much on sonething I probably would never use. Buying for yourself is one way to make sure you are not disappointed!

mimosa
05-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Complain! I ordered a DVD and some protein bars that were shipped on Monday, with a delivery date of Wednesday. On Wednesday, the status showed out for delivery. On Friday night, when they still showed out for delivery, I emailed Amazon. They credited my credit card.

And then the package was delivered Saturday afternoon. It wasn't UPS or Fedex, but some company called Lasership. The guy was driving an old minivan with magnetic signs that just said "Package Delivery".

So I'm not thrilled that it took so long to get my two-day delivery, but having Amazon credit me for it makes it better.

lhafer
05-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Complain! I ordered a DVD and some protein bars that were shipped on Monday, with a delivery date of Wednesday. On Wednesday, the status showed out for delivery. On Friday night, when they still showed out for delivery, I emailed Amazon. They credited my credit card.

And then the package was delivered Saturday afternoon. It wasn't UPS or Fedex, but some company called Lasership. The guy was driving an old minivan with magnetic signs that just said "Package Delivery".

So I'm not thrilled that it took so long to get my two-day delivery, but having Amazon credit me for it makes it better.

:yeahthat: If you have a Prime account, then yes, in essence you did pay for 2 day shipping. I order from Amazon ALL THE TIME (I mean, so far for 2011 I have already placed 24 orders, and that doesn't include whatever my DH orders!), and rarely (like never) have issues. But I ordered some stuff that showed it was delivered on Saturday - yet it's not here. One of us was here most of the day, and we don't have issues with packages disappearing off our porch. The very few times we have every had anything go wrong - it's always been because of the delivery service, never Amazon. And the stuff I ordered that's not here, was through a 3rd party because Amazon didn't fullfill it.

I will have to call them today and see what's up. Either it got delivered to the wrong house, or someone took it and having a fantastic time with some dog shampoo and conditioner!! :hysterical: