PDA

View Full Version : Tassimo Single Serve Beverage System Anyone?

rachelh
05-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Does anyone have the Tassimo Single Serve Beverage System? Saw it in a BB&B flier a week or so ago and it seems to have awesome reviews.

Was wondering if anyone has it? Are you happy with it? Is it hard to find the T-cups?

We currently have a Breville Cafe Roma Espresso machine that we rarely use. It makes great coffee but it is more hassle than its worth.

Thanks!

lhafer
05-08-2011, 12:46 PM
I have one and am not even much of a coffee drinker. Love it. We have the original system and have had it for several years. Never had any issues with it. While you can find T-discs a lot of places, they aren't quite as prevalent as the Keurig K-cups. That said, Tassimo has the better tasting brands (like Starbucks coffee, etc). And the hot chocolate is really good (which is what I use it for mainly). Plus I like making Lattes/cappicinos/espressos, etc.

94bruin
05-08-2011, 12:52 PM
I have one and am not even much of a coffee drinker. Love it. We have the original system and have had it for several years. Never had any issues with it. While you can find T-discs a lot of places, they aren't quite as prevalent as the Keurig K-cups. That said, Tassimo has the better tasting brands (like Starbucks coffee, etc). And the hot chocolate is really good (which is what I use it for mainly). Plus I like making Lattes/cappicinos/espressos, etc.

:yeahthat:

We got ours free since we bought a Bosch dishwasher. We mainly use our for hot chocolate as well since neither of us are coffee drinkers. We've found the discs at Bed Bath & BEyond.

Meatball Mommie
05-08-2011, 01:14 PM
We had two but unfortunately they both met the same fate. Not sure why we had trouble with them and the CS was NOT helpful.

With that said, when they DID work, I loved ours. While I like coffee, we typically brew a whole pot on the weekends and don't drink it during the week. We work at the same office and have a Keurig there - nice but doesn't make coffee drinks. I like a single cup of capuccino or a latte in the afternoons and I was totally addicted for a while ;) Missing mine, but don't have $ to replace right now.

rachelh
05-08-2011, 01:24 PM
We had two but unfortunately they both met the same fate. Not sure why we had trouble with them and the CS was NOT helpful.

With that said, when they DID work, I loved ours. While I like coffee, we typically brew a whole pot on the weekends and don't drink it during the week. We work at the same office and have a Keurig there - nice but doesn't make coffee drinks. I like a single cup of capuccino or a latte in the afternoons and I was totally addicted for a while ;) Missing mine, but don't have $ to replace right now.

That stinks! How long did you have yours? I read online that someone had problems with theirs and CS replaced it no quesrions asked.

How do you feel the Keurig compares to the Tassimo? I am not a huge fan of Keurig and I LOVE ice coffee/lattes in the summer so the Tassimo piqued my interest. We are also not huge fans of flavored coffees. Is that the main draw of these type of machines?

lhafer
05-08-2011, 02:49 PM
That stinks! How long did you have yours? I read online that someone had problems with theirs and CS replaced it no quesrions asked.

How do you feel the Keurig compares to the Tassimo? I am not a huge fan of Keurig and I LOVE ice coffee/lattes in the summer so the Tassimo piqued my interest. We are also not huge fans of flavored coffees. Is that the main draw of these type of machines?

Not really. I think the main draw is people who like 1-2 cups of coffee (or tea or hot chocolate) and not a whole pot. It's great for stuff like that.

Tassimo is great for things other than coffee - your lattes, cappicinos, espressos, hot chocolate.

Keurig is better for flavored coffees, regular coffee, and teas. They have tons of different kinds of tea. It doesn't do lattes or cappicinos or espressos.

ellies mom
05-08-2011, 03:08 PM

Actually Starbucks is moving from the Tassimo to the Keurig system. They should start selling K-cups this fall.

ellies mom
05-08-2011, 03:12 PM
This isn't specific to the Tassimo, it applies to the Keurig systems too. If you have a favorite travel mug, bring it with you when you look at them. The husband's doesn't fit and he was very sad about that. He was very particular about his travel mug requirements and ended up having to relax his standards quite a bit. He has stopped grousing now but it took a few weeks and several purchases that didn't work out as well as expected.

bnme
05-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Love our Tassimo. Had it for a few years now (not the Bosch). Makes great lattes and coffee. Fast, easy to maintain, never had any trouble with it and we make at least 4 cups daily. Down side is very limited selection and T-discs are hard to find. We use the monthly ordering through them, which is easy but slightly more $$ then if bought locally (and more compared to K-cups if you factor in BJ purchased).

FYI, Star Bucks now has a contract with Keurig (I think) so I am thinking they may end theirs with Tassimo.

We are thinking of getting the Keurig, mostly for the selection and availability. But I am on the fence since I have had it only a handful of times. A few I have thought it was great, the other times, meh. SO I am not really sure if it was the particular k-cup ot the machine or what. I am basically waiting for my Tassimo to die but it is hanging in there! I like the t's option for lattes, but we hardly ever use it (more $$).

hillview
05-08-2011, 03:25 PM
A little off topic but I got DH a Keurig for Christmas as a random gift and we LOVE it. Use it almost daily. Since we both travel and since DH likes a cup post morning it gets way way more use than I thought it would. We also use it for instant oatmeal and tea. Agree with PP check your travel mug -- mine only fits if I stand there and hold it at a tilt.
/hillary

lhafer
05-08-2011, 03:59 PM
A little off topic but I got DH a Keurig for Christmas as a random gift and we LOVE it. Use it almost daily. Since we both travel and since DH likes a cup post morning it gets way way more use than I thought it would. We also use it for instant oatmeal and tea. Agree with PP check your travel mug -- mine only fits if I stand there and hold it at a tilt.
/hillary

Got the Keurig for the ILs for Christmas and the LOVE theirs as well. They use theirs for tea, instant oatmeal, etc as well.

I don't like straight up coffee - I only like lattes and the like. So switching over to a Keurig doesn't make sense for me.

Mikey0709
05-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Ok - - i have BOTH... Tassimo and Keurig. Actually got the Tassimo as a gift -- and decided to keep it anyway. But i also LOVE my keurig! OK - i'm a coffee ADICT so i have my braun THERMAL pot too for whole pots of coffee....i have been known to spend in excess of $25/pound for jamaican blue mountain and Kona!!!

LOVE the tassimo for lattes and cappucino.... and my ULTIMATE favorite coffee comes from a t-disc. It's called Mastro Lorenzo Crema. It is the PERFECT coffee for me - like a European coffee (rich, not bitter).... i order from Amazon regularly and it sometimes is sold out! My husband calls this my crack and he's not allowed to touch it!

And yes - - Starbucks was specifically to tassimo - but no longer... no longer a partnership.... what you see left in stores it the end of the starbucks t-discs, which kind of stinks cause they were decent. Then again - i've tried the maxwell house lattes and i'm ok with them also.... but i don't drinks those regularly.

So my advice -- if you would prefer more lattes, cappucino, etc.... go with the tassimo. in my opinion more for specialty drinks.

lowrioh
05-09-2011, 11:59 AM
We have a Keurig at home and a Tassimo at work and I prefer the Keurig.

trcy
05-09-2011, 01:20 PM
I have had the Tassimo for years and love it. You can get the coffee at Target, BBB, and Meijer.