PDA

View Full Version : Get. In. the. Car. Funny

StantonHyde
05-08-2011, 02:38 PM
I just hit one my all time favorite, hilarious blogs--that I found out about on this board :heartbeat: Rants from Mommyland. One of the comments was this:

"Seriously, people, if we are going somewhere, why do I have to TELL YOU to get into the car? Have we EVER teleported? Has a helicopter EVER landed in the front yard to pick us up? Have the Hell's Angels EVER stopped by to give you a ride? GET. IN. THE. VAN. "

This. This is my life. Every SINGLE day, I mutter, "Just get the f$%k in the car". We are going to the movies in a few minutes--and I am going to have to tell them to get into the car for an activity they are BEGGING to do. They just stand around me while I am running around getting stuff done and I say, "get in the car". They still stand there. With blank looks. Like they have no idea that we have a garage or that the big green thing in there takes them places. It will take 2 more prompts and a threat of turning into the "were mommy" before they go down the stairs. The WORST is when they are already down there and about to go into the garage, when they decide to come back UP the stairs to tell that Barbie needs to stay home today because the teddy bear will miss her. And I just stand there and yell "get back down there!". OMG.

I can't believe they will ever drive because they currently can't find the garage let alone the car. sigh...

lhafer
05-08-2011, 02:55 PM
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::h ysterical::hysterical:

O.M.G.!!!

This is SO my life too!! And what's the next thing you have to say once you actually gotten past the milestone of actually getting INTO the car?????

PUT ON YOUR SEAT BELT! Seriously. Do I drive anywhere without it on? Do I let you, o' child of mine, ride in anywhere in the car without one on??

So glad I can see that other people live my life. Makes me feel like I'm not alone!! :love-retry:

amm40
05-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks for making me laugh. And I had hopes this behavior was because DS is just two... Looks like I better get used to it. Hope you enjoy the movie!

MamaSnoo
05-08-2011, 03:07 PM
OMG........too funny. She should have seen me trying to get DD into the car for music class this morning. Her horse was having a birthday party, so getting in the car.......not so much.

hillview
05-08-2011, 03:12 PM
:hysterical:

kristac
05-08-2011, 04:57 PM
I need a link to the whole post please :)

StantonHyde
05-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Here is the link to the post:

http://www.rantsfrommommyland.com/2011/04/five-universal-laws-of-mornings.html

The quote I got was from the comments section. The rest of my post is just me ranting...not that its Mothers Day and it is raining and my DH had work last night so he has to sleep today and the kids are so, so needy today. Not that I NEEDED this blog today ;)

This is one of the funniest blogs I have ever seen. Makes me laugh/cry almost every time!x

:grouphug::hysterical:

BabyH
05-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Rants From Mommyland is amazing. It's SO freakin' funny, I wish I was the mastermind behind it. Love it.

niccig
05-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Can I put this on my facebook page - I know a few mummies that need to read it!

http://www.rantsfrommommyland.com/2009/12/open-letter-to-perfect-mommy.html

Roni
05-09-2011, 10:32 AM
LOL. That is hilarious. That's us, too. And we're always running late, so seriously, why do I have to tell you to get in the car and buckle up?