PDA

View Full Version : Athleta!

sidmand
05-08-2011, 02:50 PM
I made my first ever purchase from Athleta.com. It took me awhile because I thought the clothes were cute but so expensive. It turns out that some don't fit quite right but the dress I wanted the most they sent the wrong dress and since then the correct dress has sold out and they can't tell me when or if they'll get it back. They sent me a 10% off my next purchase for my troubles.

I do a lot of buying online and have never received such an incorrect item or such poor service when it was their fault. I'm not buying anything from them again so the 10% off doesn't do me any good. I'm so disappointed especially since some of their stuff looked so cute!

crl
05-09-2011, 12:44 PM
I am so sorry. What would you want them to do? I find that sometimes if I flat out say, you made a mistake and I think x is what you should do to fix it, the company will actually do it! Of course it has to be something possible, if they no longer have the dress in stock, they can't actually send it. . . .

Catherine

Green_Tea
05-09-2011, 01:03 PM
I am sorry you had a bad experience. I order frequently from Athleta, and have always found their customer service to be quite good. Was there a different solution you had hoped for? Perhaps, as a PP suggested, you could propose your solution so they can have another chance? Their clothes are so cute, I'd hate to see you miss out ;).

sidmand
05-09-2011, 03:39 PM
I know it sounded really silly when I wrote it out. I just really really wanted the one dress that was wrong and and they sent me a "stock" reply that they didn't know when or if it would be back in stock like I had just asked about an item, not that they had sent the wrong item. The dress was instock when I ordered it and only sold out during the interim when they sent the wrong one. I nearly didn't even realize it wasn't the right item and the one they sent was less money, and the wrong color (but I hadn't ordered from them before and thought maybe "raspberry" in their lingo should be black!).

And giving me 10% off a future order when I don't intend to purchase again doesn't really do anything for me. They sent me a label to return it at their expense but I wouldn't expect to pay to ship back their mistake. The code is also good at Oldnavy.com, Gap.com, etc. but I wouldn't order from those other sites for just 10% off (I'm a bargain hunter, you know!). So they really didn't do anything at all.

I think I was mostly frustrated because Mother's Day wasn't what I hoped (I don't know what I hoped, I no longer have expectations, but still), the dress was $108 and I NEVER spend that much on a dress, and they didn't seem to acknowledge that they even made a mistake, I just got the stock, "sorry your experience wasn't what you expected."

I don't think I would have been so upset if it was a $20 dress! And I probably didn't even want the dress until I couldn't have it.

But there are plenty of other (less expensive!) places to shop online and I think I'll just stick with them.

Thanks for the commisseration...and for not telling me I'm just being silly!