PDA

View Full Version : Dear unannounced visitor...

truly scrumptious
05-08-2011, 08:04 PM
How did you think it was a good idea to decide to show up without calling first?
On a Sunday.
At dinner time.
On Mother's day.
To see our newborn.

Yes, we have a 2 year old and a 5 week old. You know this. WHAT makes you think that ringing our bell and saying,"I was just in the neighborhood and I was dying to see the baby" makes it okay?

Oh, and the bottle of wine you brought does not make up for it. But I will be cracking it open to help me cool down tonight.

BabyH
05-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Whaaaat? No. No no nonononononoooooooo. I can't wrap my head around it.

Why is it that when you are pregnant, your body becomes public property... and then, when you have said baby, all manners go OUT the window and people show you just how crazy they can be??

And, ok, so you got some wine out of it. Great. But where's the real food - the real sustenance that you need when you have a new baby?!

Ayiyiyi.

FWIW, DS is a year, and I've had several different "notes" on my doorbell. The first was a "Ring this and you're dead" type note until he was around 3 months old, until now, and it says "My baby is not so new anymore, but I have two crazy dogs that love nothing more than to wake him up from his nap. Please do not ring bell. Thanks." --- you wouldn't believe how well the little notes have worked.

Melaine
05-08-2011, 08:34 PM
That's shocking....I hope they left quickly and didn't completely ruin your evening. Unbelievable!

alexsmommy
05-08-2011, 08:45 PM
You are very nice. I would have had to say, "Oh, I'm sorry, we're doing a special Mother's Day dinner - but call next week and we'll find a time." If they persisted, I would seriously have to say, "Really, under the best of circumstances unexpected drops ins are hard for us right now, but today is a holiday. I truly appreciate you thinking of us, but this is just not a good time even for just a second."
A real friend would totally get this. A not so true friend who holds a grudge - well, good riddance.

MamaMolly
05-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Next time, say 'thank GOD you are here!' and hand them a can of Ajax and the toilet brush. Because no one, and I mean no one shows up like that and doesn't get to help.

:irked:

ABO Mama
05-09-2011, 11:58 AM
Next time, say 'thank GOD you are here!' and hand them a can of Ajax and the toilet brush. Because no one, and I mean no one shows up like that and doesn't get to help.

That is a wonderful idea!

boolady
05-09-2011, 12:10 PM

This is great. I want to do this to FIL the next time he just shows up at 5:30 p.m. on a Friday.

brittone2
05-09-2011, 12:13 PM

:rotflmao:
:hysterical:

DebbieJ
05-09-2011, 01:37 PM
I hate that. And I don't have a newborn. Unannounced visitors just cramp my style.

hellokitty
05-09-2011, 02:02 PM

Ha, I will have to use that one on my mil. She and fil have a rotten habit of calling us, en route (they are an hr away) to announce that they are coming over.