PDA

View Full Version : 20th High School Reunion

arivecchi
05-09-2011, 12:00 PM
So my 20th HS reunion is coming up in July. :eek:

I would have to fly with the boys to the Caribbean for at least a week or two because tickets are not cheap and the flights are fairly long.

The reunion itself is a dinner/drinks thing on a Saturday evening.

I was thinking of going but DS1 has summer camp in July and he would miss out on a big chunk of summer camp if we went travelled during the month of July.

So would you go or not? I am leaning towards not going because of the expense involved and because I kind of have a hunch that I would probably want to leave right after dinner and not stay the entire evening. I also do not like the idea of pulling DS from his summer camp even thought is not that expensive.

What would you do?

Did you enjoy your HS reunion?

Most of my HS friends are on FB so I know what they are up to. ;)

kedss
05-09-2011, 12:26 PM
i skipped mine, because I live in VA and I went to HS in CO. The only 2 people I wanted to see wouldn't be there and they are FB friends ;)

Twoboos
05-09-2011, 12:29 PM
I really liked my 15 year, it was fun.

The 20 year seemed like a dud for some reason I can't pinpoint.

I think it depends on who's going and who/what you want to see - will it be people you haven't seen in a while but would enjoy seeing again? Friends you want to reconnect with? How the hot football player turned out? :ROTFLMAO: (All the guys had REALLY gone downhill by the 20 year, WOW.)

Otherwise, it seems like a lot of time/money.

AnnieW625
05-09-2011, 12:38 PM
I went to my 10 yr. reunion and had a nice time, but if it was that much expense I wouldn't go. If you still have good friends in the area that you want to see I would just check up with them the next time you go home.

Ceepa
05-09-2011, 01:00 PM
If you know there are friends going you would like to see I might consider it more. Do you have good friends who are going, too? Otherwise I'd probably skip it.

YouAreTheFocus
05-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Honestly that sounds like more hassle than it is worth. For me, going to a reunion would be nice if I lived closer, but I am not going to plan a major trip/vacation around one.

fortato
05-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Before Facebook, I probably would have gone... but since Facebook started, I've gotten back in touch with all the people I would want to see, and that's free....so, I'd skip it. It's a lot of money to spend...just to possibly find out that the Mean Girls are still Mean, and that guy you had the hots for is bald with back hair.

Spend the money on some fabulous shoes.

arivecchi
05-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Honestly that sounds like more hassle than it is worth. For me, going to a reunion would be nice if I lived closer, but I am not going to plan a major trip/vacation around one. This is what I am thinking as well so I think I am leaning towards skipping it. It would be nice to see everyone IRL again but I just don't feel like planning a whole vacation around it and making DS skip camp.

arivecchi
05-09-2011, 01:20 PM
If you know there are friends going you would like to see I might consider it more. Do you have good friends who are going, too? Otherwise I'd probably skip it. I think most of my good friends will attend because they live there so it is not as much of a hassle for them.

Also, I went to an all-girls Catholic high school so there are no hot guys to see!

AnnieW625
05-09-2011, 01:32 PM
I went to an all-girls Catholic high school so there are no hot guys to see!

just hot husbands, right?:hysterical: