PDA

View Full Version : Portable bed for toddler?

janine
05-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Thinking ahead to the summer - we spend alot of weekends at DH's family beach house. We have the smallest room and only ones with kids of course (one is on the way). DD has been in a travel crib but now that she is almost 3 I don' think she can do that this summer. What are our options - either way looks like the last summer we can squeeze in that room. Is an air mattress a silly idea?

newg
05-09-2011, 02:42 PM
DD1 is three and I just bought her a pea pod plus for traveling the Grandma's house and when we go to Hilton Head next week. I think it's big enough for kids up to age six....She loves "her" tent.
It's like a mini pop-up tent for toddlers. It comes with an air mattress and a sleeping bag and when it's folded up DD can carry it in the travel bag!

sdoyle
05-09-2011, 10:08 PM
We have the toddler Aerobed which was purchased based on recommendations here and LOVE it. We use it all the time and it is big enough a small adult could use it. Comes with its own electric pump and little raised sides. DD has been using it since 2 without problems.

Stacy

boilermakermom
05-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Ceck out onestepahead.com, I thought I remembered seeing a toddler bed that was portable there.

Is there space in your bedroom for a toddler bed? If so, check Craigslist for the town the cabin is in. There are always toddler beds on there.

ECMom
05-09-2011, 11:24 PM
The Regalo My Cot Portable Bed is another choice:

http://www.amazon.com/Regalo-Cot-Portable-Royal-Blue/dp/B000H1MRJO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1304997824&sr=8-1

mommytoC
05-10-2011, 06:29 AM
We have the toddler Aerobed which was purchased based on recommendations here and LOVE it. We use it all the time and it is big enough a small adult could use it. Comes with its own electric pump and little raised sides. DD has been using it since 2 without problems.

:yeahthat:

hbridge
05-10-2011, 06:35 AM
We went directly to a twin size aerobed at that age. We will get more use out of it since DC won't outgrow the twin size and it doesn't have the "toddler" stigma for later years. We have made it up as a bed with sheets, ect. However, DC prefers to sleep in a sleeping bag when away from home.

wimama
05-10-2011, 07:47 AM

Stacy

:yeahthat: We got the Aerobed when my DS was about 2 years old. DS is a crazy sleeper so the higher sides on toddler version were awesome. We had my BIL and his family visit us. They got in late and they took the wrong Aerobed out of the closet. Our 13 year old nephew slept on the toddler bed. How he managed that I don't know.:ROTFLMAO:

If your DD isn't a very active sleeper she might be ok in the twin Aerobed, but we loved the toddler one. The only down side is it is heavy to pack when flying.

MSWR0319
05-10-2011, 07:48 AM

Stacy

:yeahthat:

We just used ours for a week at Disney and it worked great! DS is 2.5.

janine
05-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Great, thank you! Will check out the Aerobed options!

KHF
05-10-2011, 08:58 AM
We have two of the Kids Aerobeds. They are *almost* big enough for a twin sheet (it's a little loose), but it works. We like how it has the slightly raised sides. It helps keep little ones in the bed.

My son sleeps on one in my room every night, and my daughter has the option of sleeping on one in the room too. We love them and wouldn't give them up for anything!

jerigirl
05-10-2011, 10:28 AM

Stacy
:yeahthat: we have this one as well.