PDA

View Full Version : Tripp Trapp Users & Older Kids

pantrygirl
05-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Hi all:

We love our Tripp Trapp and our daughter (2y10m) continues to use her Tripp Trapp happily now. I'm curious though if kids older will continue to enjoy using it. I personally love it and sit on it myself on occasion but I know toddlers/preschoolers can be finicky.

We are expecting and I'm wondering if I should register for another Tripp Trapp or if by the time #2 is ready to sit at the table with us, will our daughter have moved onto a regular chair?

She sits on the regular chair sometimes and always at restaurants. She prefers this over a booster but continues to lean towards her Tripp Trapp.

Any moms/dads who have older kids have any experience with this?
Should I register for another Tripp Trapp or will our daughter have graduated and moved on?

Thanks for any advice or shared experiences. :)

DebbieJ
05-09-2011, 03:57 PM
My older son used it until he was at least 6 years old. Now my 20 month old sits in it.

Melaine
05-09-2011, 04:27 PM
We didn't even get the TTs until my daughters were 2.5, IIRC. We love them, and they still use them for every meal, with the shoulder straps on. They are now 4.5. I guess our time with the shoulder straps is limited, but at this moment I still love having them strapped in. My girls won't have a choice of abandoning the TTs altogether, though, we don't have enough kitchen chairs to get rid of them as seating. I plan to use them through the school years.

stillplayswithbarbies
05-09-2011, 04:27 PM
My eight year old still uses it and I don't plan to stop using it

eventually it might become her computer chair rather than a dining room chair.

Aishe
05-09-2011, 05:23 PM
We didn't even get the TTs until my daughters were 2.5, IIRC. We love them, and they still use them for every meal, with the shoulder straps on. They are now 4.5. I guess our time with the shoulder straps is limited, but at this moment I still love having them strapped in. My girls won't have a choice of abandoning the TTs altogether, though, we don't have enough kitchen chairs to get rid of them as seating. I plan to use them through the school years.

I'm boggling that your 4.5 year olds let you strap them in still! We gave up on straps for 27 month old ds about 6 months ago. I think dd was not quite 3 when she revolted against them.

To answer the OP's question, my 5 year old still uses her TT quite happily. I don't see her giving it up any time soon.

Melaine
05-09-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm boggling that your 4.5 year olds let you strap them in still! We gave up on straps for 27 month old ds about 6 months ago. I think dd was not quite 3 when she revolted against them.

To answer the OP's question, my 5 year old still uses her TT quite happily. I don't see her giving it up any time soon.

Well, they don't realize the straps are optional! :rotflmao:

vludmilla
05-09-2011, 08:33 PM
My 4.5 year still loves hers.

Melanie
05-09-2011, 10:53 PM
My 9 yo and 5 yo use theirs. While my 9 yo is plenty tall to use a regular chair, I like that he keeps his feet touching the "ground" and legs in an appropriate position.

ETA: We haven't used the straps in years and years. They were so flipping annoying, I was glad to no longer need them. That was the one design flaw, IMHO, of the entire thing.

elliput
05-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Get the second TT. It is designed to be a life-long chair, not just a high-chair/booster chair. IMO, the TT's were the best "baby" purchases we made.

lkarp
05-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Get the second TT. It is designed to be a life-long chair, not just a high-chair/booster chair. IMO, the TT's were the best "baby" purchases we made.

Yes, this. We actually have three chairs for our girls, ages 1, 3, and 5. The older girls love their chairs! If we were to have another I would have no problem purchasing another TT.

justlearning
05-09-2011, 11:47 PM
My 8 year-old and 5-year-old boys both still use theirs at every meal and I don't see that changing anytime soon. (They really like the Tripp Trapp.) When kids come over, they do seem puzzled by it but fortunately they haven't made fun of my sons for sitting in them.

brittone2
05-10-2011, 01:14 AM
We have an older model (the stokke KZ, same basic idea) and a kettler tipp topp (similar to tripp trapp and KZ). My older 2 kids still use the KZ and tipp topp at the computer and they are great for handwriting because they are ergonomically designed (can have feet supported, etc.). We homeschool, so that works well for us.

I bought a tripp trapp for DS2, and sold off the baby set after a few months.

I am not ready to part with any of our chairs yet. My kids like them and they definitely are useful as they get older IMO.

vonfirmath
05-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Does the tripp trapp work as a "High chair" to fee them at 6-8 months when they are new feeders?

alirebco
05-10-2011, 09:23 AM
We started using our TT with DS right at 6 months with the cushion and baby seat. It worked great and we took the baby seat off after a year sometime.

Melanie
05-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Yes, if they can sit up. It has an attachment for babies, but the whole point is it is so they can sit at the table without, instead of back with a tray (unless they make a tray attachment now, as well?).

g-mama
05-10-2011, 10:54 AM
My 7yo and 5yo use them daily. When other kids come over, they all want to sit in the Tripp Trapps.

clc053103
05-10-2011, 11:14 AM
almost 6 yo supersize child still uses his daily. and yes, his friends want to sit in it! I never removed the harness, because it is great for when friends bring over their younger kids, they can use it too!

pantrygirl
05-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Great. Thanks for the advice all.
I'm going to get a second one.

Yes, we stopped using the straps around 2 years. We also used it from the first eats. We had the baby attachment but got rid of it after two uses. It was unnecessary for us. Then again, our baby didn't start on solids until 1 year and she was sitting fairly well then.

A friend's husband removed the straps but she said is was a bear. I'll probably do that or not even put the straps on the second one and switch them out.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

hellokitty
05-12-2011, 05:21 PM
We have 3 kids and each child has their own tripp trapp. DS1 is 7, DS2 is almost 6 and DS3 is almost 2. I was surprised my DH felt that each child needed their own seat, but he loves them and we will probably just use them as desk chairs when they are old enough to use regular dining room chairs.

AnnieW625
05-12-2011, 06:20 PM
My DD1 is still using her Tripp Trapp and she is 5 yrs. old. We will most likely buy a TT for DD2 also just shy of her 3rd birthday which is when we bought DD1's. They will most likely get used as desk chairs eventually.