PDA

View Full Version : Someone please ban me from this site

niccig
05-09-2011, 06:11 PM
I have 4 exams within 7 days for 2 subjects. Yes some of the material I'm studying for exams tomorrow and Thursday will be covered in next Tuesday's exams - but I still have to go over entire semesters worth of work that was tested months ago....

I really really need to just study...but I am just sooooo tired of it all...I would prefer to be here.

larig
05-09-2011, 06:28 PM
We could help you study?

ThreeofUs
05-09-2011, 08:15 PM
We could help you study?

:yeahthat: How can we help?

niccig
05-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the offer.
I have to listen to audio and transcribe it phonetically - normal speech production and listen to children who say words like led for red. So I have to do it myself.

What you can do is give my P&PTs for my voice. I saw the professor of voice therapy for my report. They want me to continue in voice therapy next semester, and to go see my ENT to check how everything is. I had complications from thyroid surgery 3 years ago. She *thinks* my voice will be strong enough, but still too early to tell - and I've got a bunch of exercises to do over the Summer.

I really hope I'm not going through all of this to find out I physically can't do the work. I finally work out what I want to do, and I might not be able to do it. So, feeling pretty demotivated at the moment.

elizabethkott
05-10-2011, 12:14 AM
OY.
I totally remember when you had the surgery... and how POSITIVE you were afterward that you WOULD get your voice back and that you WOULD be okay.
You can do this.
YOU can do this.
You CAN do this.
You can DO this.
You can do THIS.
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!
Do the exercises. F the ENT. Prove to her that
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!

BOO-YAH!!!!!

niccig
05-10-2011, 12:21 AM
OY.
I totally remember when you had the surgery... and how POSITIVE you were afterward that you WOULD get your voice back and that you WOULD be okay.
You can do this.
YOU can do this.
You CAN do this.
You can DO this.
You can do THIS.
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!
Do the exercises. F the ENT. Prove to her that
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!

BOO-YAH!!!!!

Liz...I'm crying here. Thank you. And you're having a really sucky day, and you're cheering me up! :hug5: right back to you.

The Professor is really nice, and she wants me to be able to do this too. Ok...I can't worry about seeing the ENT now ..I have to get through these exams...and then do the vocal exercises all summer long. I know what to do, I just have to do. My first speech client is ME...

kerridean
05-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Are you considering Audiology at all if the speech option does not work out? The prerequisites are the same. I am an audiologist and it is a great career.

niccig
05-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Are you considering Audiology at all if the speech option does not work out? The prerequisites are the same. I am an audiologist and it is a great career.

I was thinking about this...it's an option, except there are no programs near me. It's PhD requirement now, and my college doesn't offer it at that level - they used to offer it at Masters level. The only program in CA is at San Diego State. Maybe that will change, or maybe there's a way to do it online.

Thanks for the reminder that I could have that as an option - if it was offered at my college, I would be considering it now, I like what I've done so far. I've got a Hearing Science exam today, and I'm doing very well in that - 100% so far. My adviser is an audiologist and Chair of the Department. I'll ask him at my next advisement if there's a way to do it without moving - we can't move because of DH's work.

kerridean
05-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Yes, Au.D. only now. That is what I have:). Good luck on your hearing science exam:).