PDA

View Full Version : baby food containors?

soontobe
05-09-2011, 06:57 PM
I am going to be making and selling my own baby food. I need ideas as to packaging. I would love to buy the little glass jars, but around here they are just under a dollar a peice and was want to SELL for 0.75 if possible (including my profit) any ideas of what else I can package it in and still have it look nice and professional?

thanks!!!

soontobe
05-10-2011, 10:52 AM
no one?

AnnieW625
05-10-2011, 12:05 PM
If you are planning on getting a business license can't you look into a wholesale supplier for glass jars? The only other thing I could think of would be to pur a want ad on Craiglist for baby food jars.

ABO Mama
05-10-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm not sure if you would be able to use used jars (well, I did, for making my own baby food, but I wasn't trying to sell it, nor was I canning it, just using it fresh). I know when you can jam you need to use a new lid each time, but can reuse the glass jar.

daisymommy
05-10-2011, 12:37 PM
I know that some Organic baby food companies sell theirs in little bags of frozen cubes. Whole Foods has a few mom-made companies that do this. They are ice-cube size.

You could get silicone ice-cube trays, or the covered trays http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Baby-Easy-Breast-Trays/dp/B0007CS4EU , freeze the cubes, pop out, and sell in pretty labeled bags or plastic containers (or glass Mason jars if you want to market it as coming in a BPA-proof container!). Then you can stick a fancy printed label on each container.

You may already know this, but just an FYI...make sure you get a proper license to sell food out of your home.