PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find slim fitting swim trunks

katydid1971
05-10-2011, 01:19 AM
DS is almost 6 and tall but super slim. He is fine in slim fitting jeans and I have found shorts that fit but I can't seem to find swim trunks that fit. He can fit into a size 3 (yes 3) but they are way too short. The XS (4-5) were super baggy on him. Any ideas where I can find a slim fitting swim trunk. Under $15 would be great because they really don't get that much wear.
Thanks for the advice :)

bnme
05-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Lands End - wait for a coupon code or sale. I think they are between $15-19 right now. I also just bought my DS one at Gymbo, size 8. And he is wearing asize small slim at LE. The LE was almost too small, I think he is just over 50lbs and about 50inches tall.

WatchingThemGrow
05-10-2011, 07:18 AM
Yes, LE! Of course, the 4slim (smallest slim size) is huge on my DS who is 3.5yo. Instead, we ended up with some *ahem* 18 month swim trunks from Target. I wonder if some of the longer swim trunks in a smaller size would work well.

FWIW, I had the 3T and the 4s colorblock trunks from LE and the width and extra fabric on the "regular" ones were SO wide! I'm so thankful we'll have slim sizes in the future!!!!

liz
05-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Another vote for LE. I love them.

katydid1971
05-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Thanks they are on sale right now for $16.xx plus I found a free shipping code. I also found a pair of slim shorts for DS for 7.xx in the outlet :thumbsup:

HIU8
05-10-2011, 02:13 PM
DS is slim. I've found that LE fit well. FWIW, he is slim and wears a size 7 pants. I find it odd in swim trunks to size down b/c they are to short (or he would be in 5T swim trunks b/c they fit minus the tie). He wears a size 7 swim trunk (with the tie either on the inside or outside) and they do fine and don't bunch up. I've found that Skanu Sport and UV Skinz fit slim kids well also.

jamesmom
05-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Lands End and Gymboree.

Globetrotter
05-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Landsend works best for us, and they have a great selection of slims.

ilfaith
05-14-2011, 12:58 AM
I'm finding Gymboree bottoms are running slim this season (too narrow for my stockier DS1 but ideal for skinny DS2)

mom2binsd
05-14-2011, 10:10 AM
I always buy my skinny DS Gymboree swim trunks at least two sizes smaller, they are never too short though! For your DS I'd go with size 4 (4 or 4T pretty much the same).

I don't have an issue buying used swim trunks either.

I buy on ebay, just search BOYS GYMBOREE SWIM TRUNKS 4, lots of options.

kozachka
05-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Another vote for LE. We just retired a pair due to extreme fading and not because he grew out of them. DS is also slim and could get away with wearing them for several years. I actually don't like the look of long swim trunks on boys, and have no issues with DS wearing size 3 to 5 swim trunks (yes, he can still fit in a pair of size 3 swim trunks at the age of 7). He is also has a pair of skin tight swim jammers by Nike similar to these (http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pwp,c-1/hf-4294967024/t-Swimming&sitesrc=uslp#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-217432/pgid-377263) that he uses for swim classes. They go by size, not age, and according to my DS are the most comfortable swim trunks he's ever had because he is in no danger of swimming/jumping out of them IYKWIM and don't have extra fabric. But it's not a recreational look, at least not for most people.