PDA

View Full Version : Bra for my tiny, saggy girls?

RedSuedeShoes
05-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Well, I finally switched back to regular bras from nursing ones! For the last time! I have been nursing for much of the last 10 years, so this is very exciting. However...I have only one of my favorite bras left and am very sad to discover this style has been discontinued. Huge bummer. It was a Warner's 1012, front closure with racerback, in a 34A. It is pretty much perfect for me - my poor little tired girls are so tiny that even many 34A bras are too big! But they need all the support they can get, so the stretchy little microfiber type bras don't work either. Comfort is really important to me, and I want something that's got a lightly padded cup so I don't have to worry about nipples showing. Can anyone point me in the direction of something that might work?

ETA: Forgot to say I also prefer front closure and no wire. Not that I'm picky or anything. :) Thanks.

BabbyO
05-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Sorry, I can't help you with specific brands (because every time I find one I like they discontinue it, too), but I've had fairly good luck looking in the Juniors Intimates collections at Kohl's. There seems to be better selection for us smaller girls there.

I will also say that 3 of my favorite bras are from Sears. Again I don't know the brand (I checked, but it doesn't say on the tag) but they are lightly lined an although they have an underwire...I don't even notice it (and I'm not an underwire girl). I always end up finding bras in the most unexpected places (I never thought to look at sears, but was there and they caught my eye)...so thought I'd just offer some ideas.

Wish I could be more help...GL!

Canna
05-10-2011, 04:53 PM
For super-comfy t-shirt bras without wire, I like the Warner's Elements of Bliss line (I'm a 36B) and I think they're flattering without being super padded. Here's one with front close.
http://www.warners.com/_view/bra-Panty-Styles.cfm?ID=1012

I'll also admit to a really surprisingly good experience at Victoria's Secret recently where a very helpful manager took me in the back to the dressing room and handed me a drawer full of push-up styles in my size. And they had wires...and push up...but dang they looked good. I was surprised. I thought I didn't like VS bras!

DrSally
05-10-2011, 11:21 PM
I think you should get a proper fitting first--Norstrom or VS. Things change after nursing. I discovered I was a full band size smaller than I thought I was.

StantonHyde
05-11-2011, 12:13 AM
I like Barely There Bras. Also, the online site Fig Leaf has a wide range of sizes.

MizMojoLaveau
05-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Another vote for the barely there line. I recently discovered them and have found them at Ross, though they might carry them at Sears, JC Peney, or Kohs. They offer styles that are very lightly lined and don't have underwire. I notice some in this line come in S, M, L and some come in regular band/cup sizes.

RedSuedeShoes
05-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks for all your input, ladies.

Canna, that Warner's bra you linked to is my favorite one! Have you seen it for sale anywhere recently? Because I haven't been able to find it. I just happen to have one left from before my last pregnancy.

DrSally, I completely agree that a proper fitting is in order. I am actually still nursing my last baby. It's only for a few minutes twice a day (before nap and before bed) and I'm always at home at those times, so I decided I'm done with nursing bras. I'll just wear front close bras till he's completely done nursing. Then, I'll go to Nordstrom and figure out what my new real size is. But I'm not going to plunk down $100 for one of their bras until we're totally done.

I did find one Barely There bra that fits better than anything else I've found so far. But I still love that Warner's one so much more! I'll have to check Sears and Kohl's. Who knows? I may even get desperate enough to go back to VS. I had such a bad experience there last time, though - loud music plus high-pressure sales is not my thing.

ETA: After I posted this question the other day, I was at the grocery store and texted my husband to find out how much milk we had in the fridge. His response: "A gal minus one cup" made me laugh - I texted him back that after all that nursing, *I* was a gal minus one cup, too!

Thanks again, everyone!

MizMojoLaveau
05-12-2011, 04:38 PM
:hysterical:

DrSally
05-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Too funny!

I agree about being done w/nursing before buying super nice bras. FWIW, after I got fitted at Nordstrom, I went to the Rack and found the exact same bra for $18 (rather than $45). I returned the other one I just bought, and did feel a bit bad b/c the fitter did such a great job, but $45 is very steep for a bra IMO.

Canna
05-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks for all your input, ladies.

Canna, that Warner's bra you linked to is my favorite one! Have you seen it for sale anywhere recently? Because I haven't been able to find it. I just happen to have one left from before my last pregnancy.

I would try Kohls, did you go there yet? Here's a similar one - not sure if it's exactly the same and you can order online also: http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/intimates/brandswomen/warners/PRD~689278/Warners+Invisible+Bliss+FrontClosure+WireFree+Bra+ +1055.jsp

RedSuedeShoes
05-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Well, that looks almost the same. It's not a racerback and the straps aren't adjustable. But if they fit, it could be great! I have some stuff to return to Kohl's this week anyway, so I'll be sure to look for it in person.

Thank you!

ashleybama24
05-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Too funny!

I agree about being done w/nursing before buying super nice bras. FWIW, after I got fitted at Nordstrom, I went to the Rack and found the exact same bra for $18 (rather than $45). I returned the other one I just bought, and did feel a bit bad b/c the fitter did such a great job, but $45 is very steep for a bra IMO.

I wish I could find a bra for even $45! Being a strange size most of my bras start in the $60 range and go up from there!

Canna
05-15-2011, 10:38 PM
It's not a racerback and the straps aren't adjustable. But if they fit, it could be great!

You know, I have a bra just like this one except not the front-close style. I just had to go look at it to confirm that the straps aren't adjustable. You're right! I never even noticed, isn't that weird! Another thing to check would be to see if there are any Olga/Warners outlets in your area if Kohls doesn't work out and you're looking for that exact style and can't find it elsewhere.

AnnieW625
05-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Go and get sized. I found some great bras at Nordstroms from Wacoal, and all of them have been less than $50. I went there again on Saturday looking for tee shirt bras and found not a tee shirt bra, but a lace bra called the Halo (just do a search for it) that is super concealing under tee shirts. I am now convinced that I don't need a super lined and or padded bra to go with tee shirts and my small Bcups actually look better in the lace bras than the traditional tee shirt bras. The bra was $42.