PDA

View Full Version : Pacis and teeth protrusion

janine
05-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Has anyone seen this in their LO's? I notice DD's front teeth are protruding slightly. I think it's the paci which I need to wean her off of (she's 2) but she's an addict! We are working on it but in the meantime is there anything I can do - if she stops will it go back slightly? Not a big deal, but just curious.

barkley1
05-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Me, too - someone please comment, b/c I need some info on this. DS is 22 months, and while his front 2 teeth don't necessarily look protruding, the ones beside them seem like they came in quite a bit "back" from the front two. So, I'm wondering if the front two really ARE protruding.

We only use the paci for one nap a day (1.5 hrs) and then at night (10.5 hrs). I don't think he actually has it in his mouth the entire night.

I'm pretty stressed about this - I don't want my baby to have buck-teeth. Most articles I read say don't worry about it until the permanent teeth come in - but that's a looooong time to live w/ buck teeth if it happens to the baby teeth, LOL! Years!!

That paci is his total cue for sleepytime - yes, we also have blankies, etc, but i've tried it w/out and he's a little wild buckaroo until I give him the paci, and then his eyes just get heavy and I can put him in the crib and leave...Ahhhhhh...I love the paci! HELP!

carolinamama
05-10-2011, 03:24 PM
DS1 was a paci addict and I didn't take away completely until he was 3.5 yo. He had some front tooth protrusion and his dentist had a fancy name for what was going on. Anyway, it has completely gone away in his case and the dentist claims that his bite and teeth look like a child who never had one. :bag