PDA

View Full Version : What does your older boy wear to bed?

crl
05-11-2011, 06:00 PM
I think I need some pjs for ds, age 7. He does not want to sleep in just his underwear. What is a cheap, soft option? He is tall and super skinny.

Thanks!
Catherine

ETA. We live in SF so it is basically cool year round.

SnuggleBuggles
05-11-2011, 06:20 PM
TCP pj pants and ts work here in colder weather but he normally likes undies and a shirt

Beth

HIU8
05-11-2011, 06:30 PM
DS sleeps in PJ's from costco. Right now he has long pants and long sleeve pjs and a couple of shorts sets. I happened to get a bunch so I would not have to go hunting for pj;s and I avoided the whole character thing (thank goodness).

g-mama
05-11-2011, 06:32 PM
PJ pants from Gap or Target. He either pairs it with an undershirt or a regular t-shirt.

Like these: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=9470&vid=1&pid=807858

...but I wait til they're WAY cheaper, like $8... either on sale or w/ a coupon code or both.

crl
05-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Ok, thanks guys! I think the pj bottoms with undershirt option sounds like it would work.

Catherine

SnuggleBuggles
05-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Duh. Target has lots if great fleece pj bottoms too

Beth

jvs195
05-11-2011, 07:03 PM
DS is 6 and we still have a few gymmies, the organic long johns from costco and some Joe boxer sets of tshirt and pants and I've recently added pajama pants and boxers with tshirts. He gravitates towards the tshirts and pajama pants or boxers. I got some pants from TCP for really cheap when on sale and with a coupon.

andielib
05-11-2011, 10:23 PM
My lanky 8yo DS sleeps in PJ pants (gymmies, carters, hannas or Old Navy/Gap all fit him well) and a t-shirt. I watch for sales and have bought on eBay too.

daniele_ut
05-13-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm pretty sure it was Jeana (jbaxter) who recommended this, but I buy packages of knit boxers and undershirts for DS to sleep in during the summer. He usually wears the boxers over his underwear. We also have a bunch of Carter's fleece jammies that he uses in the winter when it's really cold here, but I hate to spend a ton on summer jammies.

plusbellelavie
05-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Although they are not cheap and have to be ship from UK DS1 LOVES Boden pjs (the loose fitting ones)...which is basically a t-shirt and pair of pants but he also had these before and loved them

http://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Boys-Nightwear/24073-BLU/Boys-Blue-Skulls-Pack-Twin-Pack-Pyjamas.html

and these

http://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Boys-Nightwear/24072-DBL/Boys-Dark-Blue_Blue-Check-Pyjama-Set.html

I recently bought these for him (they are part of his 11th Birthday present in 2 weeks) and I used a UK Boden code for 15% but still had to pay shipping Internationally. (BTW if you purchase them from the UK you need to put in the message that you know they are coming from the UK and aren't in $ but want them anyways)

He also like the loose fitting ones from Target and the short set from Hanna Andersson.

kozachka
05-16-2011, 02:48 PM
We are also in the Bay Area plus our house is on the cooler side and DS kicks off his blanket at night no matter what I do, so he sleeps in fleece footed PJs in fall, spring and winter and cotton 2-piece PJs during the summer. I got a good deal on footed fleece from Sears this fall, and unfortunately the largest size was 7, so next year DS would have to use socks. I think it was a Joe Boxer brand, there were 2 PJs per package and they were ~$15 before tax. And we get cotton PJs from Costco.