PDA

View Full Version : I hate potty training.

sarahsthreads
05-11-2011, 06:01 PM
DD2,

I love you to death, but getting you out of diapers might push me right over the edge. How is it that you could use the potty every. single. time. you had to go on Sunday and Monday, but now you've spent the past two days refusing to sit on it and peeing all over the floor (and your clothes, and your shoes) instead?!? Clearly you are capable of using the potty. You knew when you had to go for two days, every time.

And seriously? What's with the holding it for 6 solid hours despite drinking 20+ ounces of water, and then peeing a gallon *next* to the potty? Are you part camel?

I have been nothing but kind and understanding - I realize that this is a new skill that you are learning - but if you refuse to sit on the potty after being asked and then pee all over the floor 30 seconds later again I am going to leave the country. Forever.

Love,
Your mother who is running out of paper towels.

(Ladies, I seriously need a box of wine and a twisty straw here...)

SnuggleBuggles
05-11-2011, 06:23 PM
That is when we quit and just gave up. He figured it out a few months later. I figured we maybe could have won that battle if wills but it would have sucked. Why must some of them be so stubborn??

Beth

Melaine
05-11-2011, 06:26 PM
I hate it too!!!

AnnieW625
05-11-2011, 06:33 PM
That is when we quit and just gave up. He figured it out a few months later. I figured we maybe could have won that battle if wills but it would have sucked. Why must some of them be so stubborn??

Beth

:yeahthat:
Hate potty training and I agree with this 100%. Your DD2 isn't even three yet. I stressed about PTing from the time DD1 was 2/1/2 until two months shy of 3 and then I just realized that she wasn't ready. She was trained a month after she was 3 yrs. old and for the most part was very focused then and ready to do it.

sarahsthreads
05-11-2011, 08:58 PM

:yeahthat:
Hate potty training and I agree with this 100%. Your DD2 isn't even three yet. I stressed about PTing from the time DD1 was 2/1/2 until two months shy of 3 and then I just realized that she wasn't ready. She was trained a month after she was 3 yrs. old and for the most part was very focused then and ready to do it.

The problem is, that she gets her stubborn nature from her parents, and neither of us are quite ready to throw in the towel - paper or otherwise. ;) Actually, after I wrote this, she used the potty successfully twice (once after asking to get out of the bath to use it!) so maybe all is not yet lost...

Honestly, I am 99% sure she's ready. I think the novelty wore off and she realized how much "extra" work it is to stop what she's doing and use the potty for a bit than just pee in her diaper.

My ILs are visiting next weekend for the first time since last summer, so I'm going to spend the next couple of days talking up how excited Nana and Poppy will be when they come and see that she's in big girl panties and see if that helps. Also, I'm going to put on my own big girl panties and stop whining about it. ;)

Thank you for the commiseration!
Sarah :)

wellyes
05-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Bribe her with candy. Reward every time she goes until it becomes second nature... a week or two. We did one M&M for #1 and two M&Ms for #2. It was like magic.