PDA

View Full Version : What is in your 5yr/6yr old DC's toybox??

nmosur
05-11-2011, 09:23 PM
I am getting ready to purge purge and purge the toys that we have accumulated in the past couple of years. I did not clean up much last year and we did not add much to the collection this year but we still have too much stuff. I am noticing that DD is not playing with what she has that much - maybe now and then. She really has outgrown most what she has. Her birthday is coming up and I have friends and family asking for suggestions. What is in your DC's toybox that they play with a lot. DD is NOT into dolls and the like (I have packed up the babies, toy crib, carseat, high chair etc), she doesn't seem to care for Barbies/princess stuff either. I am looking for something that will she will play with for the next couple of years. We have a Leapster Explorer and a DSi.

TIA

SnuggleBuggles
05-11-2011, 09:42 PM
I have boys so keep that in mind. At that age ds1 mostly had books, DS, Legos, Matchbox cars, Matchbox plateaus, trains and stuffed animals. Pretty much the same 2-3 years later!

Beth

Canna
05-11-2011, 11:35 PM
My 6 y.o. not-into-dolls DD plays with:
- playmobil
- jigsaw puzzles
- still enjoys wooden trains - sets up track, builds cities around them with wooden blocks
- Legos
- Magnetiles
- Perler beads (tiny beads you put on a tiny pegboard then iron to make design permanent)
- toy vehicles

citymama
05-12-2011, 12:03 AM
What she plays with the most, by a mile, are books (she is reading independently) and art supplies. She has loads of art supplies and they all get used a ton.

Next on the list are dress up clothing, stuffed animals and other imaginative play props like her tea set, play food sometimes, a wretched princess pretend make up kit someone gave her, doll bed for her animals. She loves her musical instruments, board games, paper dolls, lacing cards, bead kits (which I've temporarily put away bc of choking hazards for the baby) and jigsaw puzzles.

ETA She also likes outdoor play stuff like sidewalk chalk, bug collection kit and magnifying glass, gardening tools, trike, etc.

kristac
05-12-2011, 10:04 AM
I have boys so keep that in mind. At that age ds1 mostly had books, DS, Legos, Matchbox cars, Matchbox plateaus, trains and stuffed animals. Pretty much the same 2-3 years later!

Beth

What is a Matchbox plateaus?