PDA

View Full Version : Rough day ahead...

Cam&Clay
05-12-2011, 08:22 AM
I had to take off from work today to testify in court for a dear friend of mine. Her XH is certifiably crazy and is taking her to court again to fight for custody of their daughter. I have never seen a divorced couple spend so much time and money on lawyers and courts. He loses every time but continues to push the issue. It is so stressful and financially hard on her. Their poor DD is in therapy over all of this. It's just a bad scene all around, and I don't see it getting any better. I wish the courts could tell him to stop doing this, but I suppose that is not possible.

So, I'll go to court again today and be thankful for my XH and how reasonable he is over most things. Actually, DH and XH are going to a major league baseball game together next week. A little weird to most, I'd think, but when given the choice of stepfamilies, I'll take my crazy bunch of boys anyday.

I just feel horrible for my friend. She feels that she is in a constantly about to lose her daughter. I cannot imagine that feeling.

plusbellelavie
05-12-2011, 09:04 AM
:hug5: For you! What an incredible friend you are! (I hope if I ever got divorced and remarried that we "all" would be able to come to the situation you have with your XH and DH...kudos to all of you for acting like adults!)

P&PT :hug: for your friend and her DD! What a frustrating situation she must be in!

I hope today in court goes well for both you!

liz
05-12-2011, 09:17 AM
:hug5: For you! What an incredible friend you are! (I hope if I ever got divorced and remarried that we "all" would be able to come to the situation you have with your XH and DH...kudos to all of you for acting like adults!)

P&PT :hug: for your friend and her DD! What a frustrating situation she must be in!

I hope today in court goes well for both you!

:yeahthat: good luck!

KpbS
05-12-2011, 09:22 AM
You are a good friend to help her. :grouphug: to her living with such stress and strain. Hopefully the judge will see the situation for what it really is.

Mommy_Again
05-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Has she tried to get fees from him? If he is continually filing bogus motions against her that keep getting denied by the courts, but she still has to pay to defend herself, she might have a shot at getting the judge to award her attorney fees (meaning her XH pays for HER attorney's fees). And that might make him think twice about filing in the future.

crazydiamond
05-12-2011, 04:46 PM
I can relate to this. We fought off a major effort like this. Tell your friend to hang in there - if it is right then fight. And go after attorney's fees.

shawnandangel
05-12-2011, 04:49 PM
I hope it went well today. Saying a prayer of strength for you and your friend

Cam&Clay
05-12-2011, 07:26 PM
UPDATE: I had to spend the entire day in a room with other witnesses which was maddening! I couldn't hear what was going on. They didn't finish and will continue sometime next week. I don't know how she made it through the day. She was on the stand for 2 hours. He is going after her for mental health issues. She suffers from depression but voluntarily admitted herself to an outpatient treatment center last fall. She is doing really well and never once faltered in her parenting.

I told DH when I got home that the first thing I'm going to do next time I see XH is give him a huge hug.

elektra
05-12-2011, 07:37 PM
How maddening and sad. Hope it's all over soon.