PDA

View Full Version : Natural supplements for energy/ metabolism?

DietCokeLover
05-12-2011, 09:38 AM
I am just flat worn out all the time. Is there anything that I can take that will increase my energy level or my metabolic rate that is safe? I have no time/ opportunity to exercise, and even if I did, I just don't have the energy to even start.

BabyBearsMom
05-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Have you had your Vitamin D levels tested? I had mine done because I was feeling worn out and it turned out my Vitamin D levels were really low. My doctor put me on a prescription Vitamin D that I take 1x per week, plus I take OTC Vitamin D daily and have some in my multi-vitamin, all based on my doctors recommendation. I feel quite a bit better since I started this.

soon2b4
05-12-2011, 05:39 PM
I have found that supplementing my vitamin B's really helps - I have to actually not take any near bedtime, or it will keep me awake. :bouncy:

DietCokeLover
05-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks, I'll look into both of those options.

AmyRainier
05-17-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm a big fan of green smoothies. I used to need a nap every day, but since I started making green smoothies with fruit and fresh greens every day I found it has given me a lot more energy.

The fruit blended in with greens such as spinach, collard greens, chard or kale makes it far more palatable.

It has helped me greatly. Look up green smoothie girl on YouTube if you're interested in learning more. I'm not as avid as she, but one glass a day (about a pint) has certainly helped me with my energy by a long shot.

natness
05-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Also look into magnesium supplementation.

Giantbear
07-21-2011, 09:18 AM
when my sister was dealing with chronic fatigue, she was injecting herself with vitamin B-12 shots for that extra boost. I would run it by your doc, but that, either orally or injection, may be what you are looking for.

I also know for myself, as little as 15 minutes a day of cardio helps boost the energy level.