PDA

View Full Version : Telemarketers...Grrr...

golightly1118
05-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Note to telemarketers: When I tell you I'm not interested and to please take me off your list, I mean just that. I should not have to give you a reason why I'm not interested in your product. No, I don't want to speak to your supervisor, because I can guarantee you she won't change my mind. And seeing as how YOU contacted ME and are wasting my time with trying to shill me a product I've never heard of, I don't think you have the right to get bent out of shape when I ask you, nicely but firmly, to not contact me again. Maybe it was my bad for filling out an online survey, but when I've never heard of your product I'm not going to buy it, sight unseen, over the phone.

HIU8
05-12-2011, 10:26 AM
My response as soon as they start talking. I'm not interested (then I hang up before they can say anything else). I think you have to yearly update yourself on that do not call list.

Also, if you are already registered on the do not call list, you can file a complaint about a telemarketer. I just checked and I've been on the list since 2004. I still get telemarketer calls. It used to be one or two every 6 months. Lately, I've been getting them weekly. I am going to file a complaint about this (not about one specific company though).

BabyH
05-12-2011, 11:12 AM
I have started answering (and you know they wait 3 seconds to actually say anything on their end) pressing mute and leaving the phone on the table.

And I have also realized that if you call the number back (if it actually comes up on your ID) there is a prompt that comes on after a minute or so to remove yourself from their list. I've done that several times.

soon2b4
05-12-2011, 05:42 PM
I have started answering (and you know they wait 3 seconds to actually say anything on their end) pressing mute and leaving the phone on the table.

:bowdown: :hysterical:

Wow, I never thought of that one...

urquie
05-12-2011, 05:45 PM
i just say please take me off your list and hang up immediately.

golightly1118
05-12-2011, 06:11 PM
i just say please take me off your list and hang up immediately.

Yeah, that's what I used to do as well...however, this gal was just very aggresive and would not take no for an answer until I pointed out that I should not have to justify saying "No Thank You" to her and her sales pitch. I haven't had to deal with telemarketers for a long time as my old cell number was on the do-not-call list, but I got a new number recently after my old one was stolen (long story) and forgot to register it. I may have to try leaving the phone on the table on mute next time I get one of these calls.

ahisma
05-12-2011, 10:04 PM
My 2 yo loves to talk on the phone. It's a fantastic combination.

BDKmom
05-12-2011, 10:23 PM
My 2 yo loves to talk on the phone. It's a fantastic combination.

:rotflmao:

ncat
05-14-2011, 08:20 AM

My Dad does this all the time and we have started. It's pretty amusing to time how long the telemarketers can go sometimes without any response or feedback.

truly scrumptious
05-14-2011, 08:25 AM
I hear you, OP.
I find the recorded telemarketing calls the ultimate in disrespect. It says to me that their time is too valuable for them to spend it wasting MY time. Ugh.

Oh, and I had a telemarketer call me a liar the other day. I told him it was none of his business if I was! At least it was entertaining.