PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your hooded towels

new_mom_mry
05-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Please recommend your hooded towels for a baby. I would prefer something bigger than 30 x 30, preferably 40 x 40 or larger, or at least lengthwise it should be at least 40 inches. Also would love something thick, soft and fuzzy and of course good quality is paramount! Thanks so much in advance...DS suddenly grew out of all his old hooded towels.

MizMojoLaveau
05-13-2011, 08:51 AM
I have been extremely pleased with the ones I purchased from Kohl's . I do not see the exact ones on their website right now. It may be they are the "Trend Lab" brand and they just sell them with a wash mitt now, but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone else will know what the brand is.

ZeeBaby
05-13-2011, 09:05 AM
We have the same ones from Kohls too and I love them. I am waiting for them to go on sale again because I need one more. Very nice quality and huge! The kids will have them until they are at least 5 or 6.

mommylamb
05-13-2011, 09:14 AM
I actually got some from ikea that were way nicer than the ones I'd gotten from PBK.

BabyBearsMom
05-13-2011, 11:25 AM
I actually got some from ikea that were way nicer than the ones I'd gotten from PBK.

:yeahthat: We really really like our Ikea towels and they are about $10/each which is much more palatable to me than spending $25 or $30 or more elsewhere. We've been using them for 6 months and they have held up really nicely. If you want to spend more money, I was at a craft fair and saw hooded towels by Yikes Twins!. They were adorable and super soft and sell on Etsy, but they are $37 a pop, and not something I was willing to spend on.

WatchingThemGrow
05-13-2011, 11:38 AM
We just got the cute PBK ones for each DC when they were on sale and I had an extra % off - like a registry completion discount or the F&F discount in Oct. They're in excellent shape, just the right size, and they make our kids smile to use them.

blue
05-13-2011, 12:11 PM
We have been using a hooded towel from Target Circo brand for two years now since DS was born, we have washed it many times and it has held up well. It is similar to this one here (http://www.target.com/Circo-Bath-Wrap-Hood-Shark/dp/B003IRS3YC/ref=br_1_100?ie=UTF8&id=Circo%20Bath%20Wrap%20Hood%20Shark&node=13828311&searchView=grid3&searchSize=150&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=13828311&sr=1-100&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_ primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1&qid=1305302471)(we have a shark one no longer made). Will add that the first time we washed it, the shark fin on top came undone at the stitching, I sewed it once by hand to years ago and it has stayed ever since.

Mine measures 49 inches from the top of the hood to the bottom-diagonally. 32 inches by 34 inches not including the hood HTH

sunnyside
05-14-2011, 01:54 AM
We have several of the Little Giraffe hooded towels. I got them discounted a little bit. They are very expensive, but I really like them. They aren't too thick that they are hard to dry off a baby and they are very soft.

Corie
05-14-2011, 08:24 PM
I love the tubbies (hooded towels) by Mullins Square.

I have 5-6 tubbies from Mullins Square. I bought them
nine years ago when my DD was born. They still look
brand new!

We've got a yellow lion, green dragon, lavender hippopotamus,
beige dog, and a pink bunny. I feel like I'm forgetting one
but that's what I came up off the top of my head.

I always wanted to buy the burnt orange longhorn but I never
did and now my kids are probably too old.

azazela
05-14-2011, 08:33 PM
I have been extremely pleased with the ones I purchased from Kohl's . I do not see the exact ones on their website right now. It may be they are the "Trend Lab" brand and they just sell them with a wash mitt now, but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone else will know what the brand is.

Was it these? http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/bedandbath/kids/towels/wraps.jsp?bmForm=guided_nav_search&SubcatFolderID=2534374754476358 They are called wraps so they don't come up when you search for hooded towel. We have the butterfly and the monster and they are awesome. Nice and big, soft and hold up fairly well for what I spent on them. They are $14.99 right now + 30% off code if you have a Kohls card + FS = great deal! I may buy some more for gifts now that I think about it! :love-retry:

echoesofspring
05-14-2011, 08:42 PM
we were gifted one of these, it's sooooo soft! Loved it so much I got another when I saw it on clearance at a local shop:
http://www.bamboosa.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=8

ZeeBaby
05-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Was it these? http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/bedandbath/kids/towels/wraps.jsp?bmForm=guided_nav_search&SubcatFolderID=2534374754476358 They are called wraps so they don't come up when you search for hooded towel. We have the butterfly and the monster and they are awesome. Nice and big, soft and hold up fairly well for what I spent on them. They are $14.99 right now + 30% off code if you have a Kohls card + FS = great deal! I may buy some more for gifts now that I think about it! :love-retry:

Thanks! I just ordered a second one for DD2. I have been waiting for these to go on sale again.

MizMojoLaveau
05-16-2011, 09:33 AM

Yes! Those are the ones we have and are very happy with. Would be hard to beat for the price. Thanks.

Naranjadia
05-16-2011, 09:50 AM
I have to chime in on the Kohl's. Our kids grew out of their Target ones, so on the recommendation of the board, I went to Kohl's and found them on sale. Perfect size, high quality, and fun designs.

new_mom_mry
05-16-2011, 01:42 PM
thanks so much everyone! ordered a few from Kohl's for now!