PDA

View Full Version : Fracking air travel and DH...

brittone2
05-13-2011, 12:38 PM
DH has been away on business for a week, and looking at flight status, I am quite sure he's going to miss his connecting flight to get home. Departed 13 mins late but is scheduled to arrive 42 mins late, and he has to clear customs and reclaim baggage it looks like. He would only have about 40 mins to do so, in a largeish airport, so it isn't looking good. His next leg (to home) flies into a small airport and there isn't another flight til tomorrow later in the day. There are other flights to a different city later tonight that he could possibly rebook, but we still would have to drive 45 mins each way tomorrow to get his car (and have a busy day scheduled).

Dh is massively jetlagged, had a rough trip (conference he was attending inadvertently booked him for a freaking hostel (specific floor of a college dorm really!), and my too nice Dh just dealt with it even though work would have been a-ok w/ him finding different accommodations. .Hostel was at least a private room/bath with a little TV, but ummm...not exactly luxurious!).

My kids have been counting down the nights, and this is the longest he's been away from them. I'm just bummed that it doesn't look good for him to make his connection :( And...well, I really could use a break. My parents are here helping out but it isn't the same. I adore them but sometimes the help isn't all that helpful at bedtime, etc. iykwim.

No biggie in the grand scheme of things, just mostly feeling badly for DH and the kids.

arivecchi
05-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Maybe his connecting flight will be a little late too and he will make it!

Mojo that he makes his flight!

DebbieJ
05-13-2011, 04:02 PM
ooh bummer! I can't believe he stayed at the hostel!

Here's hoping he makes it home! I'm sure he would really like to sleep in his own bed tonight, too.

larig
05-13-2011, 04:31 PM
may the airport gods smile upon him--may his plane pick up a strong tailwind, and may he find the moving walkways free of slow pokes.

brittone2
05-14-2011, 03:30 PM
He missed his connection and there were no flights available from Toronto to the small airport he was parked at until Sunday (this happened yesterday). So they flew him into another airport and he took a cab home (almost an hour). We had to drive to the other small regional airport today (50 mins each way) to retrieve his car. It could have been worse I guess. THe kids would have rioted if he didn't get in until Sunday since had already been gone a full week.

I was watching his flight status update online and I saw the connecting flight he was originally scheduled to take was pushed back 10 mins, and didn't depart until 20 mins late, but no such luck. He had to go through customs, etc. so there was no way to deplane, claim baggage, get through customs and on the other plane in under an hour. I did briefly hold out a little hope when I saw it was showing a delay though.

I seriously can't believe he stayed at the hostel either. Sometimes he's just too laid back LOL. 2 nights or something wouldn't be so bad, but a week, in a hostel? He's crazy. His work would have been totally fine with him cancelling and rebooking elsewhere, but alas, DH just rolls with stuff like that, for better or for worse ;)