PDA

View Full Version : Cake Fail

Raidra
05-13-2011, 10:14 PM
My grandmother passed away last December. Today is her birthday, and we're getting together with family to celebrate tomorrow. I've had several dreams over the last two months about the cake I wanted to make. Nothing fancy, just yellow cake, with yellow butter frosting (no fondant). White daisies spilling off one side. Should have been totally doable, and I screwed it up.

I know it's not a big deal really, but I've been DREAMING about this cake. Planning it in my waking hours. And now I'll probably go to the grocery store and pick something up, rather than let everyone see my failure.

Ugh.

SnuggleBuggles
05-13-2011, 10:27 PM
There's still time! Learn from your first attempt mistakes and try again. ((((hugs))))

Beth

Raidra
05-13-2011, 10:34 PM
There's still time! Learn from your first attempt mistakes and try again. ((((hugs))))

Beth

Unfortunately, no.. it's 10:30 here and we're leaving to drive from MA to CT at 9am tomorrow. :( Maybe another time..

sarahsthreads
05-13-2011, 10:37 PM
That's so disappointing. I've had major cake fail before, and I know exactly how you feel. :(

Sarah

infomama
05-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Hugs mama. I know how much that stings. What happened?

MMMommy
05-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Hugs to you for trying and caring enough to take on that task. I am sorry it didn't work out. I am a disaster when it comes to baking, so I admire you for trying to make something that sounds so terrific.

brittone2
05-14-2011, 03:33 PM
I admire your efforts too. Cake decorating is not my thing at all, and I would make a mess of a cake if I tried. My first job ironically was working in a bakery. I only had to write on the cakes though, not do the full decorating thing...and I could spell so the cakes I wrote on wouldn't have made it to cakewrecks at least ;)

It is awesome that your family is celebrating your grandma and that's what really matters. Gathering together to remember her and share stories, etc. is such a wonderful idea :hug:

ThreeofUs
05-14-2011, 05:12 PM
:hug: sorry!

Raidra
05-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Well, it turned out to be moot.. we all woke up with horrible colds and couldn't go (my aunt didn't want to get exposed to our germs). The cake is delicious. :)

Thanks so much for your support!

DebbieJ
05-15-2011, 01:05 PM
aw, sorry you couldn't go. But now you can enjoy the cake!