PDA

View Full Version : best way to pack clothes?

basil
05-14-2011, 08:38 AM
I am moving in a few weeks and we are packing stuff ourselves. I can't do much heavy lifting as I am 29 weeks pregnant, but I want to help somewhat.

Last time I moved, I packed in those huge ziploc bags, but that didn't really work that well. I don't want to put my nice stuff in cardboard. I have kind of a lot of clothes.

Should I get some plastic storage bins? Is there a better alternative? I don't want to spend too much but if I can use it later it's ok.

KrisM
05-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Are you using movers? All the times I've moved with movers, they keep the clothes in the dressers and provide wardrobe boxes for the closet contents. They deliver the boxes that morning and I load them up while they start on the furniture. Then, the boxes get unloaded first and I empty them while they're still working.

Otherwise, I'd just do cardboard, unless it's going to storage for a long time. Just a move where it's in a box in your house for a couple weeks and then on a truck, I'd think it'd be fine. Plastic would get expensive.

LMPC
05-14-2011, 02:09 PM
I agree with KrisM about leaving things in the drawers...so much easier IMO. When we moved with movers and without, we have always left clothes in drawers....and the wardrobe boxes were awesome. The movers just hung our clothes from the closet in them and then moved the whole box!

lhafer
05-14-2011, 10:41 PM
I agree with KrisM about leaving things in the drawers...so much easier IMO. When we moved with movers and without, we have always left clothes in drawers....and the wardrobe boxes were awesome. The movers just hung our clothes from the closet in them and then moved the whole box!

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

Wardrobe boxes are a life saver!! The rest just leave in the drawer. The drawers will be removed from the dresser. but they can still be stored separately.