PDA

View Full Version : Thanks DH

HIU8
05-14-2011, 08:45 PM
DH just invited MIL to be here for DD's 4th bday party. First, my mother is coming that week. She is attempting to be here for the party and not sure if she can. HOWEVER, my mother is a help to me. I have not seen my mother in 6 months. MIL and my mother do not get along well. Plus, we have no guest room so they sleep in the living room and family room. No one has any privacy. Plus, MIL is a slob and leaves stuff all over my house. I cannot have that the weekend of DD's party. I just can't. MIL is solely a houseguest. I have to wait on her hand and foot. I cannot do that when I'm getting everything ready for DD's bday party. I'm so not happy with DH right now. We have to buy MIL's plane tix. I'm so hoping the cost is just to high and DH won't spend the $$.

zag95
05-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Wasn't she just at your house? Or maybe that was in the winter....... I'm thinking that with all these gas prices that the plane ticket may be high- here's to hoping!

HIU8
05-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Yup, she was here about 3 weeks ago. Plus, she is insisting we come up to visit her for 1 WEEK this summer. I cannot take it--seeing her 3 times in 8 months. It takes everything I have to be able to stay at her house. It smells so so bad. It's gross with cat pee and the couch has never been cleaned (the dog used to wipe her rear up and down the couch all day). It sickens me to stay there.

And now I'll have to deal with her again. All I want to do is have a nice party for my DD and see MY OWN MOTHER.

firemama
05-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Ugh! Sorry you might have to see her again!

crl
05-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Voluteer to look for her ticket online. I am SURE it will be too expensive.

Catherine

HIU8
05-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Thanks. I'm actually doing that right now.

BabyH
05-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Yup, she was here about 3 weeks ago. Plus, she is insisting we come up to visit her for 1 WEEK this summer. I cannot take it--seeing her 3 times in 8 months. It takes everything I have to be able to stay at her house. It smells so so bad. It's gross with cat pee and the couch has never been cleaned (the dog used to wipe her rear up and down the couch all day). It sickens me to stay there.

And now I'll have to deal with her again. All I want to do is have a nice party for my DD and see MY OWN MOTHER.

Consider yourself lucky. Try once or twice A WEEK and DS just turned a year old last month. I'm ready to move overseas.

Good luck with the party and everyone visiting. As soon as I opened your BP, I grimaced because I totally know what you're feeling. Maybe compromise? These two visits from her equal enough MIL time and you all take a week long vacation in the other direction somewhere?

Tondi G
05-15-2011, 04:24 PM
I would just tell your DH that it just won't work to have your MIL there too. Put your foot down. Tell him adding the expense of a plane ticket into the expense of the bday party is just a lot ... not mention trying to keep everyone happy all while running around preparing for a Bday party ... it's just too much. Your MIL was just there and will be there in a couple of months again. You need a break. Sorry MIL .... maybe next year! Hope your DH will figure it out. Good Luck

kozachka
05-16-2011, 01:42 AM
You should tell DH that he needs to factor in the cost of hotel for his mom. After I had a major meltdown during MIL's visit couple years ago, my MIL stays in hotel and it is better for *everybody* until we get a bigger place with a guest bedroom.