PDA

View Full Version : Space-Saving Tips for All Star Room

dfb05
05-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Hi All!

We're very excited to have finally settled on a resort & number of nights to stay!! :yay: Originally i had a pin code for 25% off, so we booked on that, but switched to the Rewards free dining when that came out and have now adjusted the # of nights & resort for the last time! We'll be going with the free dining plan for 8 nights in end of Aug/beginning of September at the All Star Music! It will be our first time as a family of 4 at an All Star room, and our first time at ASMu. Our last trip we stayed at Carib Beach, and the trip before that at All Star Sports there were only 3 of us! BUT, being able to save $500 between the 2 resorts pushed us to the All Star.

I was hoping you all would have some good organization/space-saving tips for the All Star room. I've seen someone suggest bringing wire hangers to hang up as many items as possible, and also to bring one of those over-the-door organizers for shoes/small things to hang on the bathroom door. Are there any other suggestions anyone can think of?

We'll also have the pack n play in the room for my 2 year old, so space will be limited...and i'm determined to pack lighter than last time!!

Thanks in advance!

Denise

Mom to DD 9/2006 & DS 7/2009

happy2bamom
05-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Not really space saver, but I've read to bring a power bar so that you have access to a lot of outlets for charging things.

egoldber
05-16-2011, 07:07 AM
I think the biggest thing you can do is plan to do laundry one day while there. That way instead of packing for 8 days, you only pack for 4. That is a big difference.

I know many people don't like this idea, but instead of a pack n play, we have always had a kid co-sleep with us. Or you could have the 2 kids share a bed. That frees up a lot of floor space.

Raidra
05-16-2011, 03:28 PM
We brought a hanging organizer.. not one of those shoe organizers, but one of those cylindrical ones. It worked really well. We also utilized all the drawer and shelf space, and the top of the dresser/TV stand was packed with stuff.

I packed 4/5 days worth of clothes for us for a 9 day trip. We also only brought 2 pairs of jammies and just rewore them.

Try to bring suitcases that will nest inside each other once they're emptied. Oh, and one or two mesh laundry bags for dirty clothes.

ETA: For beds.. I'd skip the PNP and have one kid and one adult sleep together. We had two rooms because there are 6 of us, so the three older kids slept in one room while the baby slept with me and my husband. We did use a PNP, but even with two free beds in our room, we still slept separately.. the beds are smaller than we're used to. I'd rather have the floor space and sleep with one of the kids.