PDA

View Full Version : PJ's...Jammies....Sleepwear

ashleybama24
05-15-2011, 06:10 PM
I am struggling to find my DS some cute pj's. He is now 18 mo old so we don't need pj's with feet. We do keep the house pretty cool at night so he still needs to wear pants with either a short sleeve or long sleeve top. Target had some super soft ones but the new styles are all ugly and shorts instead of pants. I found that GAP and Old Navy pj's are thin and just didn't hold up well. They look faded and old after a few washes.

Any other brand suggestions?

plusbellelavie
05-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Hanna Andersson are awesome and hold up great!

Boden is very nice but sizing can be a pain some run small and tight but their loose fitting ones are great and wash well too. OR size up one or two sizes depeding on the size of you DS on the tight ones. Code NT11 gets you 20% off.

IMO you can't go wrong with either brand.

ashleybama24
05-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Ugh! The Hanna Anderson website is down for maintenance!

catsnkid
05-15-2011, 07:32 PM
I don't know what your taste is, but I have been happy with gymboree, hatley and carters pjs.

LMPC
05-15-2011, 07:34 PM
We love Carters around here. I have HA and Boden for DD, but seriously we go thru 15 pair a week it seems! So I go with the cheaper ones more often lol!

ashleybama24
05-15-2011, 07:38 PM
I liked Carters but am not a fan of the older kids pj pants. I have a hard time finding ones that are cotton instead of polyester which seem to hold up better.

WatchingThemGrow
05-15-2011, 07:40 PM
You can get Hannas on ebay that have lots of life left in them. Calling the outlets is the cheapest way to get new one IME. That's all we have anymore.

ashleybama24
05-15-2011, 07:45 PM
I know my mom has found some cute Hanna Anderson pjs with Monster at Costco. Are the outlets the same quality or a line manufactured just for the outlets?

LMPC
05-15-2011, 08:10 PM
I liked Carters but am not a fan of the older kids pj pants. I have a hard time finding ones that are cotton instead of polyester which seem to hold up better.

I agree...we stay away from the poly ones! This season they have had quite a few cute all cotton boys pj's (because that' what I put DD in rather than poly princess ones -- sorry poly princess lovers!).

WatchingThemGrow
05-15-2011, 08:10 PM
same stuff - usually last year's leftover inventory, but I believe they also usually have the current items as well. Same stuff at Costco as well, but the tags are different at Costco.

ashleybama24
05-15-2011, 09:09 PM
I agree...we stay away from the poly ones! This season they have had quite a few cute all cotton boys pj's (because that' what I put DD in rather than poly princess ones -- sorry poly princess lovers!).

I threw some out after only a few months of wear. DH was shocked but the pjs were nubbly and faded and looked awful. I was quite surprised they were such poor quality.

Uno-Mom
05-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Our Costco had some *awesome* HA pjs last week. We didn't really need any more, but I couldn't resist. The striped ones are softer, for some reason.

The monster ones are cool. We just got some jungle animals. (Yes, I have a girl and those are "supposed" to be boy patterns. But hey, girls like cool animals, too! We did also get the orange/pink stripes.)

I've gotten them both from Costco and the regular ones from our outlet. The quality seems exactly the same. The fabrics are different. I think they make ones special just for Costco, I know they're not last year's patterns because our outlet actually has the 2010 ones, and they're different. Unless maybe it's a regional thing.

Fyi - the costco ones are about $11.

Snow mom
05-15-2011, 09:48 PM
I like HA LJs/SJs (although I prefer the older, loose fitting ones), Kirkland PJs (only sold at Costco and possibly gone for now... gasp!), and Gymboree gymmies (wash up quite soft). Tonight DD is wearing a pair of Petit Lem SJs that I picked up on a whim. I really like those too (they are looser) but don't have any experience outside the one pair.

mom2binsd
05-16-2011, 12:10 AM
I have been very happy with Carters cotton jammies, the sometimes have a 3pc set with shorts, pants, top at Target or Walmart (they are Carters just the house brand). I also love Gymboree gymmies, they fit my skinny DS very well and they have some long pants in summer jammies, also check ebay.

Snow mom
05-16-2011, 09:47 AM
I have been very happy with Carters cotton jammies, the sometimes have a 3pc set with shorts, pants, top at Target or Walmart (they are Carters just the house brand). I also love Gymboree gymmies, they fit my skinny DS very well and they have some long pants in summer jammies, also check ebay.

Shoot, I totally forgot to mention that my Gymboree had previous season gymmies on clearance plus they were doing Circle of Friends (basically 30% off everything in the store) through yesterday. I heard rumors on gymbofriends that COF was being extended so it might be worth checking. Sizes were limited but the older gymmies were marked at $6.49 which is a steal on its own. Like PP I've also had good luck with ebay for off season clothes.