PDA

View Full Version : Dear Church Nursery Worker,

DebbieJ
05-15-2011, 09:49 PM
No, the fact that my son knows lots of sign language does not mean that he is choosing to sign instead of talk.

And, no, he does not need a baby brother or sister. DH got the snip snip, but that is really none of your business anyway.

MYOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
me :)

boogiemomz
05-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Wow, really??? Come on lady. Not appropriate!! :nono:

DebbieJ
05-16-2011, 10:55 AM
thank you for responding. Over 200 views and one response!

This woman often says the most inappropriate things, but these just really got under my skin yesterday!

niccig
05-16-2011, 11:07 AM
No, the fact that my son knows lots of sign language does not mean that he is choosing to sign instead of talk.

And, no, he does not need a baby brother or sister. DH got the snip snip, but that is really none of your business anyway.

MYOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
me :)

Grr.r..I can't stand people like this. No, you don't know everything about my life or child....for some I know it's idle chit chat, but still annoying

misshollygolightly
05-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Oh dear. Well, sometimes a little free childcare (even if it's only during church) is worth some off-the-wall comments. But still...she was clearly being a busybody!

elektra
05-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Oh dear. Well, sometimes a little free childcare (even if it's only during church) is worth some off-the-wall comments. But still...she was clearly being a busybody!

Yes a busy body!
I had to explain this term to a non-native speaker recently. It was fun coming up with examples. This church lady would for sure qualify!

elizabethkott
05-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Woah. Someone definately has a severe case of myobitis.

boolady
05-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Woah. Someone definately has a severe case of myobitis.

:yeahthat:

maestramommy
05-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Yikes, really??

Maybe it's a good thing our nursery care workers are college students:p:hug:

DebbieJ
05-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Yikes, really??

Maybe it's a good thing our nursery care workers are college students:p:hug:

Our church recently started putting ALL adults on nursery rotation (allowing them to opt out if desired) so this was a mom of 3 adult children who also happens to be a preschool teacher. You would think she would know about language development!

doberbrat
05-16-2011, 09:19 PM
wtf???

WAAAAY over the line. I'd mention something casually to the priest/pastor etc.