PDA

View Full Version : Quality of Garnet Hill backpack?

sidmand
05-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Did anyone else buy one about a year ago? I bought a pink and purple leopard pattern backpack and lunchbag. DD just started using it about a month ago for preschool and the top handle is about ripped off (it's hanging by a couple of threads). The rest seems fine but unfortunately she needs to hang it up at preschool and does so by that handle. I don't find anything else on it that could work easily to hang it up with. I'm going to try and sew it back on but I'm not a very good sewer...in the past I've always bought LL Bean backpacks (and never had a problem with them either!) so I'm not sure if Garnet Hill stands behind their product. Although I don't think they sell backpacks any more either.

I tried contacting them through their site but it was down (and I just realized the strap was falling apart) so I'll try again later. Just wondered.

sidmand
05-16-2011, 11:52 AM
I never did get their website form to work but I guessed at their email and got a very quick response that I can either send it back for a refund or exchange for a new one coming in mid-June. But I realized (silly) it won't match the lunch bag. Mid June would be too late too. I like the bag I just need to figure out how to get the top handle/strap back on. Or some kind of hook to hand it up. Any ideas for this very undomestic person?

infocrazy
05-16-2011, 12:02 PM
I would probably tell them that it won't match the lunch bag and see what they say. Assuming that you also got it from them maybe they will let you exchange that as well. From everything that I heard, they seem to have really good customer service.

hellokitty
05-16-2011, 12:42 PM
I would probably tell them that it won't match the lunch bag and see what they say. Assuming that you also got it from them maybe they will let you exchange that as well. From everything that I heard, they seem to have really good customer service.

:yeahthat: And I am now kind of regretting my GH purchase. I got these on a whim, my boys haven't used them yet, but I'm feeling like they won't be as long lasting as I had hoped, b/c you are not the first one I've seen who have complained about the lack of durability.